Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace(A project in different directory can not be compiled by eclipse)
Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754247] Wed, 15 February 2017 17:24 Go to next message
Ramazan Cetin is currently offline Ramazan CetinFriend
Hi all,

I have a git repository in a directory. There are many different types of projects in there such as C, java etc.

My Eclipse workspace is also in different directory from my git local directory. When i copied my project from git directory to Eclipse workspace, it can be compiled. On the other hand, when it is not copied from git directory to Eclipse workspace, it can not be compiled by Eclipse. I took a lot of errors. The errors is attached below.

So, i want to compile my projects without copying to Eclipse workspace. Is there any solution for this problem?

Best regards.
Ramazan
  • Attachment: @dot.log
    (Size: 4.77KB, Downloaded 101 times)
Re: Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754449 is a reply to message #1754247] Fri, 17 February 2017 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

What exactly do you mean by "compile"? Are you attempting to create an OSGi bundle? Are you compiling the Java source? How are you issuing the build from within Eclipse?

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754679 is a reply to message #1754449] Tue, 21 February 2017 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Said Ucar is currently offline Said UcarFriend
Hi David,

Compiling means exporting an OSGi Bundle. When the bundle source code in Eclipse Workspace, project successfully exported as an OSGi Bundle and works in Raspberry Pi. However, if the project source imported Eclipse without "Copying the source code to workspace", project couldn't exported as an OSGi bundle and the error is attached in first message. Is this known behavior?

Regards,
Said.
Re: Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754832 is a reply to message #1754679] Wed, 22 February 2017 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Said,

I am honestly not sure. I also keep my git directory separate from my Eclipse workspace, but I have not seen this problem. I have seen the errors in your log under a different context. You can try this when exporting:

Export -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments, click Next
On the next screen, select the "Options" tab
Make sure the "Use class files compiled in the workspace" box is checked
Click Finish

This may help with your issue.

Thanks,
--Dave

Re: Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754945 is a reply to message #1754832] Fri, 24 February 2017 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Said Ucar is currently offline Said UcarFriend
Hi Dave,

It's already checked, the first thing I control was that option when the Exporting failed. We are keep project in the workspace for now, but I will try to solve this problem as soon as possible. I will let you know if I find something.

Best Regards,
Said.
Re: Eclipse compilation problem for another directory besides workspace [message #1754953 is a reply to message #1754945] Fri, 24 February 2017 13:26 Go to previous message
Hi Said,

Definitely post back if you find something. You may consider posting your question in the Eclipse IDE or Eclipse PDE forums. This would be a more general question about the IDE than anything specific to Kura.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Using Serial Example for reading messages from Lora Radio Module connected by USB
Next Topic:Receiving sensor data in Eclipse via Kura (IoT)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:41:36 GMT 2024