Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » New to Jubula(Need tutorial that explains how to start with steps and screen shots)
icon10.gif  New to Jubula [message #1754183] Wed, 15 February 2017 06:34 Go to next message
OM Jami is currently offline OM JamiFriend
Hi,

I am newbie to Jubula. Just started exploring the tool.
I have a AUT developed in JavaFx for which I wanted to carry out GUI testing.
So in that context, could someone help to get some relevant documents to get started.
I have gone through the Reference manual and User Manual, with which I have got some idea.

I have few question as below:
1. Can we verify actual and expected values in jubula, If yes how to achieve that.
2. How to write our own Java code and execute it using the tool after exporting the enter project as Java API's.
3. How to measure the Code coverage for the given AUT.
4. Few components in my AUT are not accessible with object mapping, what to do in such cases.
5. Could someone please let me know what is the cost for 3 day training on Jubula.

Please help me out. I am very much interested in learning this tool.
Awaiting for quick response. Smile
Regards,
Om
Re: New to Jubula [message #1754322 is a reply to message #1754183] Thu, 16 February 2017 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Om,

1. You can use our check actions (from the unbound modules) to verify actual and expected values.
2. I am not really sure, if I understand your question correctly. Do you want to execute methods from within your application? For that you can use invoke method or invoke external method, as described in our reference manual [1].
3. You can measure code coverage with JaCoCo. This is described in [2].
4. For not supported components you can use simple extensions [3], which allow you to perform basic actions like check existence or performing a click. If you also need component specific actions, you would have to code an extension for Jubula [4] for which you can also use our awesome new Jubula Extension Wizard for the Eclipse IDE [5].
5. Please contact us via the contact form on our website regarding availability and costs of the Jubula Training Course.

Best regards,
Kevin

[1] Jubula Reference Manual - 5.1.1.8. Invoke (External) Method
[2] Jubula User Manual - 3.28. Working with code coverage with Java tests
[3] Jubula User Manual - 6.13. Extensibility
[4] Jubula Developer Manual - Chapter 3. Creating toolkit extensions for custom UI widgets
[5] Jubula Developer Manual - Chapter 5. Creating toolkit extensions using the Extension Wizard
Re: New to Jubula [message #1754324 is a reply to message #1754322] Thu, 16 February 2017 11:51 Go to previous message
OM Jami is currently offline OM JamiFriend
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for you reply.
I have already sent a mail via the contact form, but I didn't received any response yet. Waiting for it. Smile

Thanks & Regards,
Om
Previous Topic:Comment for test results using testexec
Next Topic:WaitForComponent does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:19:49 GMT 2024