Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4DIAC Demo Model
4DIAC Demo Model [message #1754159] Tue, 14 February 2017 20:06 Go to next message
Daniel Halati is currently offline Daniel HalatiFriend
Hello to all,

I am new to 4DIAC. I need to create my diploma paper for my graduation based on a 4DIAC model and also create an user mobile friendly interface on Android phones.

So my question for you is, do you have any ideas what I could create here? I would appreciate any kind of idea.

We have at school a conveyor belt which can be controlled by PLCs I think. It's not too complicated. For now, it has 2 small wagons that can move along the track. The wagons don't move, just the track moves.

I am familiar with MQTT communication layer. I managed to read data and write data from a model. I used mosquitto as a MQTT broker.
Re: 4DIAC Demo Model [message #1754171 is a reply to message #1754159] Tue, 14 February 2017 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

I heard that there is an option of using mqtt on andriod. With that you could connect to your MQTT broker for the unser interface. Another option would be that you use 1.9.0.M1 where a first version of OPC UA integration is available. I know people using UPC UA clients in NodeJS and then building a web app for the ui.

hope this helps.

Alois
Re: 4DIAC Demo Model [message #1754194 is a reply to message #1754171] Wed, 15 February 2017 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Hi,

first of all you need to make sure that the PLC controlling your system is supported by Forte.

A good idea about 4DIAC is to show that the same application can be used even if the Hardware changes, using the virtual DNS. You could show the system beeing monitored and controlled by you App using the PLC, and then change it for another PLC or a raspberry PI and show that nothing has changed in the APP.

If you want to go further, you can send the information from the PLC a self managed cloud, so you could show the same information not only in your android phone but also in a webpage or in a iphone app. This will allow to easily expand the system like to handle security in a better way, sending notification emails, and why not, real-time video (not with 4DIAC, but if you use a raspberry PI, I know you can easily connect a camera).

Once you have your data on the Internet, possibilities are endless.

Jose
Re: 4DIAC Demo Model [message #1754241 is a reply to message #1754194] Wed, 15 February 2017 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Halati is currently offline Daniel HalatiFriend
Thank you for your replies, I appreciate. My question was more like: What interesting things I can do with the PLCs running FORTE on them? What could be some interesting applications?

What's the role of Virtual DNS ? What it does precisely ?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 February 2017 16:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 4DIAC Demo Model [message #1754257 is a reply to message #1754241] Wed, 15 February 2017 19:18 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

This depends a little bit on the equipment you like to control and the sensors and actuators it offers. For example if the belt you mentioned has a position sensor for the wagons you could do a closed loop position control. So you could have a position setpoint you enter in the mobile HMI and the controller moves the wagon there. And once that is done you could also think about path control i.e., you give a position profile which the wagon should follow. With that you can for example make smooth starts and stops.

Virtual DNS is in principle a simple key value store. When configuring distributed applications you often need on two or more places the same configuration parameter. With virtual dns you can centrally manage a configuration parameter value and give it a symbolic name. On download the symbolic name is then replaced by the real parameter. This is also interesting when you have different setups and depending on the setups you select different virtual dns configurations.
Previous Topic:4DIAC: Show FB in application
Next Topic:Tool Library Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:06:28 GMT 2024