Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error(Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error)
Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1754068] Tue, 14 February 2017 10:34 Go to next message
Chandre Gowda is currently offline Chandre GowdaFriend
Hello,

Whenever we start(startup.bat) the Virgo Nano server, it creates java.exe process. However when we click on shutdown.bat i get the following error.

Java.net.ConnectException: Connection time out: connect.

This error occurs very rarely and doesn't close java.exe process.
Please let me know what are we missing here ?
Re: Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1754071 is a reply to message #1754068] Tue, 14 February 2017 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend
Are you running multiple instances of Virgo on the same machine?

The script shuts down Virgo by making a remote JMX invocation. If you run multiple Virgo instances on the same machine you will have to relocate the ports for each instance.

This could aso be a firewall problem, e.g. Windows opening the popup asking the user to authorize the process to open the port.
Re: Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1754076 is a reply to message #1754071] Tue, 14 February 2017 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the details. Currently i am running single instance of virgo nano. Also i didn't get any windows popup during server start or run.
Re: Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1755299 is a reply to message #1754076] Thu, 02 March 2017 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was trying to debug the issue. The reproducible steps are as follows,
1. Start the Virgo nano server (startup.bat) when you are at home using company's network (VPN).
2. Come to office, join the office network using office network cable or wifi.
3. Stop the virgo nano server(shutdown.bat)

This will give following error.

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.44.124.196; nested exception is:

jaua.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.neuSocket(TCPEndpoint.jaua:619)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChanne1.createConnection(TCPChanne1.jaua:2§§)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChanne1.neuConnection(TCPChannel.jaua:282)

at sun.rmi.seruer.UnicastRef.inuoke(UnicastRef.jaua:128)

at jauax.management.remote.rmi.RMISeruerImpl_Stub.neuClient(Unknoun Source)

at jauax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.jaua:2378)

at jauax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:2

at jauax.management.remote.JMXConnectorPactory.connect(JMXConnectorPactory.jaua:267)
at org.ec1ipse.uivgo.nano.shutdoun.ShutdounC1ient.doshutdoun(ShutdounC1ient.jaua:64)
at org.ec1ipse.uivgo.nano.shutdoun.ShutdounC1ient.performshutdoun(ShutdounClient.jaua:50)
at org.eclipse.uivgo.nano.shutdoun.ShutdounClient.main(ShutdounC1ient.jaua:43)

Caused by: jaua.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at jaua.net.Dua1StackPlain8ocketImpl.connectB(Natiue Method)

at jaua.net.Dua18tackP1ainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Dua18tackP1ainSocketImpl.jaua:69)
at jaua.net.flbstractP1ainSocketImp1.doConnect(flbstractPlainSocketImpl.java: 39

at jaua.net.flbstractP1ainSocketImp1.connectToflddvess(flbstractP1ainSocketImpl.jaua:28B)
at jaua.net.flbstractP1ainSocketImp1.connect(flbstractP1ainSocketImpl.java:182)

at jaua.net.Plainsocketlmpl.connect(P1ainSocketImp1.jaua:157)

at jaua.net.Sockssocketlmpl.connect(SocksSocketImp1.jaua:391)

at jaua.net.Socket.connect(Socket.jaua:579)

at sun.security.eel.SSLSocketImp1.connect(SSLSocketImp1.jaua:618)

at sun.security.ss1.SSLSocketImp1.<init>(SSLSocketImp1.java:487)

at sun.security.eel.SSLSocketPactoryImp1.createsocket(SSLSocketPactoryImp1.jaua:88)

at jauax.rmi.9:1.S:1RMIClientSocketFactory.createsocket(S:1RMIClientSocketPactory.jaua:128)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.neuSocket(TCPEndpoint.jaua:613)

The IP address shown above is not valid one in office network(during shutdown of the server). I try to check the shutdownclient.java, but it has 127.0.0.1 as host address.

JMXServiceURL jmxServiceURL = new JMXServiceURL(String.format("service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://127.0.0.1:%d/jmxrmi", new Object[] { Integer.valueOf(command.getPort()) }));

I am not sure why it tries to connect to unknown IP address and how is it getting the IP address. Could somebody help me on this.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 March 2017 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1755303 is a reply to message #1755299] Thu, 02 March 2017 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend

You may have multiple network interfaces, e.g. ethernet, wifi, vpn, virtual machine and maybe the tcpip routing is misconfigured?
Maybe something related to IPv6?

GianMaria.
Re: Virgo Nano shutdown.bat throws error [message #1755420 is a reply to message #1755303] Fri, 03 March 2017 08:33 Go to previous message
I don't manually configure any network settings. All i have done is connect to different networks and start/stop the Virgo server in different networks. My concern is why it is trying to connect to host IPaddress instead of localhost. Because JMXServiceURL is pointing to 127.0.0.1 and not any IP address.
Previous Topic:websocket and web application support in latest virgo milestone
Next Topic:Virgo 3.7.0 and Java 8 support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:38:52 GMT 2024