Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Debug Globals a bit of a mess
Debug Globals a bit of a mess [message #1753928] Mon, 13 February 2017 01:34 Go to next message
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
Mad I have a pretty big problem with the globals(sorry Shocked ). The problem is I see the entire set of all globals from every include, which is great, but the organization is terrible. It generally takes me a 10's of seconds to find the global I am looking for and when I have to find another one I have to spend another 10's... then if I want to go see the original variable I have to repeat this process more or less.

Surely we could have only the globals of the current file put in a separate table? e.g, "Direct Globals"... or whatever?

[Updated on: Mon, 13 February 2017 01:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debug Globals a bit of a mess [message #1753950 is a reply to message #1753928] Mon, 13 February 2017 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Maybe this could help you : https://wiki.eclipse.org/LDT/User_Area/New_Noteworthy/New_Noteworthy_1.1#More_Globals_Variables_Suggested
Re: Debug Globals a bit of a mess [message #1753986 is a reply to message #1753950] Mon, 13 February 2017 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uiy uiy is currently offline uiy uiyFriend
I do not think this is what I'm talking about. I am referring to globals listed in the variables window. The globals of the shown while debugging. There are too many, which is fine, but so many that it is hard to fine what I am looking for. Some sort of organization needs to be added. If the globals are sent from the client debugger, I could probably sort them the way I want... just not sure if it's something possible without having LDT source.

Re: Debug Globals a bit of a mess [message #1756392 is a reply to message #1753986] Thu, 16 March 2017 10:51 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Ok I missunderstood. I don't think there is a way to do that.
Previous Topic:Debug configuration issue and extra variables
Next Topic:LDT crashes immediately in debug mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:51:56 GMT 2024