Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » new properties to existing BPMN elements
new properties to existing BPMN elements [message #1753910] Sun, 12 February 2017 08:57 Go to next message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Hi all, I'm asking for help please.
I want to extend BPMN element by adding new properties to existing BPMN elements.
More precisely, I want to add properties to the ResourceRole and Resource element from the task element.
I don't like to create neither custom task nor a new property tab but
I want to add the new properties to the existing tasks specificaly in the existing "Task" property Tab (for example a new Section called "My Type Of Resource "just under Resource Role Details)
Can you please give me an idea how to do this?
Cordially.
Re: new properties to existing BPMN elements [message #1754062 is a reply to message #1753910] Tue, 14 February 2017 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Hi,
are you talking about the JBPMN runtime?
In general I think you need to extend the model. You can find tutorials about this here:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials

I don't think that you can archive this without extending the BPMN2 runtime.

====
Ralph

Re: new properties to existing BPMN elements [message #1754064 is a reply to message #1754062] Tue, 14 February 2017 09:35 Go to previous message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Thank you Ralph.
So, if i want to add in the existing property Tab "Task "(for the Task element) , under the existing section"the Resource Role Details" a new field called "type" for example,
does This require a change to the BPMN 2.0 model itself (its ecore file and also its source code) ?
Or can i do it with model Extension(extending the BPMN2 runtime)
Thank you for your clarifications In advance
Previous Topic:PropertyExtension
Next Topic:How to open/convert/import/transform old STP BPMN models to BPMN 2.0 Modeler?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:58:28 GMT 2024