Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Adapter working with composite fb?
Adapter working with composite fb? [message #1753897] Sat, 11 February 2017 23:12 Go to next message
Ernst Murnleitner is currently offline Ernst MurnleitnerFriend
It seems that adapters are not working with composite fb?
Has anybody used this combination?
If I have an adapter on the left side and the adapter has only input data, the input variables are on the left side inside the composite network. Therefore I cannot connect the adapter inside the composite network to other fb inside the composite network because the variables are on the left side instead of the right side.
Maybe I have to put the variables on the other side of the Adapter. But the adapter already works as I defined it with basic fb.

Re: Adapter working with composite fb? [message #1753898 is a reply to message #1753897] Sat, 11 February 2017 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

As I just posted to your bug report the behavior as shown in the basic interface is correct. Even when using it as basic the same mirroring applies. So maybe the behavior in the basic is also not correct not sure.

But the intention of adapters is always that the inputs of one side are the outputs of the oposite side of the adapter connection. Therefore when you desing an adapter we show you the interface as if it would be used on the left side of an fb interface as it is defined in the standard. When you use this adapter on the right side of a FB interface the adapter interface will be mirrored. Otherwise data going into the plug would not be the output on the socket and vice versa.

I hope this helps.
Re: Adapter working with composite fb? [message #1753899 is a reply to message #1753897] Sun, 12 February 2017 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernst Murnleitner is currently offline Ernst MurnleitnerFriend
> Maybe I have to put the variables on the other side of the Adapter. But the adapter already works as I defined it with basic fb.

It seems that I had defined the variables on the wrong side of the adapter. But this worked with basic fb, but does not anymore work with composite fb.

Now, I define an adapter with the variables on the right side (output variables).

Are there SIGNALS needed, if I want only transfer data?

[Updated on: Sun, 12 February 2017 00:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adapter working with composite fb? [message #1753920 is a reply to message #1753899] Sun, 12 February 2017 15:30 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Adapters define a full interaction between two FBs in order that values are correctly transferred on an adapter connection you also need according events and also a with to the events.

Monika has written a first tutorial on adapters which is now also on the help page maybe the description there gives you further hints.
Previous Topic:Compiled new type, but type not found
Next Topic:4DIAC 1.8.4: Color of mapped FBs and SubApps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:33:11 GMT 2024