Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Multiple Installation Failures(I've installed Eclipse multiple times, with none working properly)
Multiple Installation Failures [message #1753872] Sat, 11 February 2017 03:11 Go to next message
Christopher Midgett is currently offline Christopher MidgettFriend
Hello,

I hope this is the proper place to post this and hopefully receive help with my problem.

My problem is that I have tried "installing" the Eclipse IDE multiple times, with each time resulting in a different error of some sort.

The first time I installed it, I ran into the Error 13 with Java. So I went through the steps of ensuring I have the proper Java installed. I installed both 32 bit, and 64 bit java. This fixed my Error 13 issue.

However, I then somehow had a problem with it not recognizing the installed C++ Compiler (I know, this might be a C++ question but ultimately I just can't get the IDE installation off the ground at all!). I had installed GCC MinGW, and placed in the C:\ Yet I couldn't seem to get it where I choose the compiler. This of course causes any and all scripts to not work.

I figured this might have been caused by installing it *after* I already had Eclipse on my computer. So I delete it, and try again...

Now, I run into a vague error that simply says: "An error has occurred. See the log file null."

I am seriously at a loss for how in the world to begin using Eclipse, being stopped at the mere installation!

Is there anyone who can please give me some help with this issue? I truly would appreciate the help. Thank you so much in advance.
Re: Multiple Installation Failures [message #1754528 is a reply to message #1753872] Sun, 19 February 2017 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christopher Midgett is currently offline Christopher MidgettFriend
Well, it's unfortunate that I wasn't able to get any help on this issue. However it is VERY fortunate instead that I have figured out the problem myself.

For the sake of any others who do internet searches, and come along to this message with the same errors, this is how it got fixed for me:

I had previously installed Code::Blocks on my computer. I uninstalled that. I then did a fresh "re-install" of Eclipse again. This got rid of the "See the log file null." error I was receiving.

As for the MinGW not showing up, there's a checkbox, when you need to select the Toolchain, that says "Show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform." I had to UNcheck that box for some reason, and my compilers were now visible and I've been able to use them properly with everything working out perfectly!

Hope this helps future problems!
Re: Multiple Installation Failures [message #1754908 is a reply to message #1754528] Thu, 23 February 2017 19:27 Go to previous message
Gregory Sagehorn is currently offline Gregory SagehornFriend
Make sure that you have the SDK downloaded. I had the same problem and that's why I never got to program Java.

Also try downloading alternatives that have a different way of downloading. I have done that with countless programs.

Hope that can fix it!
Previous Topic:Linking
Next Topic:Error "java.lang.NullPointerException" in workspace while browsing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:56:17 GMT 2024