Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Edge merging points and edge crossing points(Layouting information about edge merges and crossings..)
Edge merging points and edge crossing points [message #1753839] Fri, 10 February 2017 14:59 Go to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello,

in huge diagrams with edge merging layout configuration, it's hard to understand to which direction an edge is going. For this problem i had the idea to add arrows on points where one edge merges into another edge.

Another problem which i noticed is, that you can't differ an edge crossing from an edge merging if you have multiple edges in an area (maybe not good recognizeable). For this i had the idea to use edge crossing visualization like in a circuit diagram.
Example: index.php/fa/28406/0/

Is it possible to gather the layouting information of an edge (at least merging points)? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Mehmet Karaman

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2017 15:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Edge merging points and edge crossing points [message #1753947 is a reply to message #1753839] Mon, 13 February 2017 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulf Rueegg is currently offline Ulf RueeggFriend
Hi,

Quote:
Is it possible to gather the layouting information of an edge (at least merging points)? Thank you in advance.

If you use the elk.layered algorithm, after layout the edges should be annotated with junction points.

Quote:
For this problem i had the idea to add arrows on points where one edge merges into another edge.

This is nothing the layout algorithm would do. You may be able to add it in your rendering framework based on edge directions and the above mentioned junction points.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 February 2017 09:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Edge merging points and edge crossing points [message #1753966 is a reply to message #1753947] Mon, 13 February 2017 13:13 Go to previous message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Thank you for the answer. This seems to be the thing what i am looking for.
Previous Topic:Best practice for resizing nodes with very much in/outgoing edges
Next Topic:Sort node order from left to right LayeredLayoutProvider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:40:58 GMT 2024