Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Wizards for New Scout elements don't find sources
Wizards for New Scout elements don't find sources [message #1753823] Fri, 10 February 2017 12:44 Go to next message
Benjamin Schulte is currently offline Benjamin SchulteFriend
Hello,

I just stumbled over a problem with the wizards for new Scout elements.

When I open the wizard for new Form or Page, it does not show the path for shared and server source folders any more. I also cannot choose one for myself, the boxes are empty and other inputs are not accepted.

It was working some time ago, but I do not know when it stopped working. The last forms and pages I added I did the job for creating server and shared sources myself or by adding @FormData later.

However, this is not good for beginners and that's why any hints why this is not working anymore are welcome. Thank you.

Benjamin
Re: Wizards for New Scout elements don't find sources [message #1753841 is a reply to message #1753823] Fri, 10 February 2017 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
It works on in my workspace for the hello world:
index.php/fa/28407/0/

Without having access to your workspace it is hard to tell.

Which version of Eclipse IDE / Scout are you using?
What is your OS?
Have you changed something in the projects structure?
Do you see something in the Eclipse Error Log View?
Have you the possibility to share your workspace or to reproduce the problem in an other workspace that you can share?
  • Attachment: new_page.png
    (Size: 41.14KB, Downloaded 291 times)
Re: Wizards for New Scout elements don't find sources [message #1754093 is a reply to message #1753841] Tue, 14 February 2017 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Schulte is currently offline Benjamin SchulteFriend
I hunted down the problem in the SDK sources. I managed to discover that Scout SDK identifies shared, server and client projects by checking if Scout runtimes are available in this project:

boolean clientAvailable = S2eUtils.exists(javaProject.findType(IScoutRuntimeTypes.IClientSession));
boolean serverAvailable = S2eUtils.exists(javaProject.findType(IScoutRuntimeTypes.IServerSession));
and so on.

Problem in my workspace was a mistake in my shared project's POM I made myself which caused the client runtime to be included everywhere. That's why all my projects werde identified as client projects and thus not to be listed in shared or server source boxes.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 February 2017 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wizards for New Scout elements don't find sources [message #1754230 is a reply to message #1754093] Wed, 15 February 2017 14:56 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thank you for your analysis and for reporting your findings in the Scout F.orum
Previous Topic:Disable sum icon in table
Next Topic:[neon] is there a new way of setting "checked"-status for table rows in neon? [solved]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:17:42 GMT 2024