Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Create stereotyped State inside a State
icon1.gif  Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1753503] Tue, 07 February 2017 10:03 Go to next message
THEOBALD Maurice is currently offline THEOBALD MauriceFriend
Hello,

I created & Stereotype from State.
I add this Sterotype in my StateMachine palette.
When a create a new state machine, I can create a State with my Stereotype in the diagram (OK)
But now when I create a State inside another State, the parent State becomes a region (OK), but the new State inside the region has not Stereotype, it is just a State without Stereotype.
My question is : How can I force the stereotype on a State when it is created in another State ?

Regards,
Re: Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1753569 is a reply to message #1753503] Tue, 07 February 2017 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hello Maurice,
I am not aware of any inheritance mechanism within the UML specification beside that of the stereotype definition itself.
So for what reason the the new state inside the region should have an inherited stereotype?
Best regards
Carsten
Re: Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1753613 is a reply to message #1753569] Wed, 08 February 2017 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Carsten,
Sorry, I'm afraid my explanation is confusing.
My problem is not about inheritance : when I create a "Stereotyped" State inside another State, I get a State and not a "Stereotyped" State.
If I create a "Stereotype" State inside a Region, I got a Stereotyped State, that's the behaviour expected.
My question is, why when a create a "Stereotyped" State in a State, the behaviour is not the same as when I create it in a Region ?

Regards,

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2017 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1753614 is a reply to message #1753569] Wed, 08 February 2017 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Carsten,
Sorry, I'm afraid my explanation is confusing.
My problem is not about inheritance : when I create a "Stereotyped" State inside another State, I get a State and not a "Stereotyped" State.
If I create a "Stereotype" State inside a Region, I got a Stereotyped State, that's the behaviour expected.
My question is, why when a create a "Stereotyped" State in a State, the behaviour is not the same as when I create it in a Region ?

Regards,

Maurice

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2017 08:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1753630 is a reply to message #1753614] Wed, 08 February 2017 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Maurice,

This is the bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=511895

Basically, there is a custom command in CustomStateCreationEditPolicy that create the intermediate Region and the state.

The command should rely on the element type fwk.

Regards,
Benoit
Re: Create stereotyped State inside a State [message #1754305 is a reply to message #1753630] Thu, 16 February 2017 09:46 Go to previous message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
The fix will be available in Papyrus Oxygen.
Previous Topic:Papyrus Designer dependencies
Next Topic:C++ contructor and desctructor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:38:46 GMT 2024