Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Snippit wanted: Inline editing with Nebula GridViewer
Snippit wanted: Inline editing with Nebula GridViewer [message #1753347] Sat, 04 February 2017 09:56 Go to next message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Hi there,

For some time now I am trying without success to get a Nebula GridViewer with lazy data loading (so I could have 100k-1M rows) and inline editing working. The snippits on Nebula's project page are rather basic.

If somebody has code to share or knows a good tutorial I would be deeply grateful.

Thank you in advance, Clemens
Re: Snippit wanted: Inline editing with Nebula GridViewer [message #1753471 is a reply to message #1753347] Mon, 06 February 2017 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
I've successfully used inline checkbox editing.

Subclass org.eclipse.nebula.jface.gridviewer.CheckEditingSupport
Call org.eclipse.nebula.jface.gridviewer.GridViewerColumn.setEditingSupport(EditingSupport) with an instance of your class

I've also used a pop-up type editor by subclassing org.eclipse.jface.viewers.EditingSupport directly and supplying a CellEditor that creates a popup.

I assume it would work for other types of editors as well. I recall doing plain inline text editing before I added rich text support.

I can't copy and paste code I've written for this, as I don't own the copyright.
Re: Snippit wanted: Inline editing with Nebula GridViewer [message #1753794 is a reply to message #1753347] Fri, 10 February 2017 09:48 Go to previous message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Thanks for the confirmation and the hints and pointers - at least I know now it is possible and I am not completly wasting my time figuring out how to solve it.

Best regards, Clemens
Previous Topic:Prevent selection change in Table on Alt+ARROW_UP & Alt+ARROW_DOWN
Next Topic:Testing web.xml filters from IDE launch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:20:17 GMT 2024