Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Building Workspace has encountered a Problem(In Papyrus-RT version 0.8 when we try to "Regenerate All Code" then sometimes we get an error "Building Workspace has encountered a problem". Sometimes we get an error "Top Ca)
Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753332] Sat, 04 February 2017 00:58 Go to next message
Swawibe Ul Alam is currently offline Swawibe Ul AlamFriend
In Papyrus-RT version 0.8 if we change anything in the model and try to "Regenerate all code"

index.php/fa/28335/0/

then sometimes we get two errors: first we get an error "Building Workspace has encountered a problem" and second error is "Top Capsule not found".

index.php/fa/28336/0/

After some changes in options of Papyrus-RT I found that, If I disable "Build Automatically" function of Papyrus-RT then these problems do not occurred. To disable "Build Automatically" go to "Project" in menu bar and uncheck "Build Automatically".

index.php/fa/28337/0/
Re: Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753556 is a reply to message #1753332] Tue, 07 February 2017 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of these problems.

They are in fact separate issues.

First, the "Top capsule not found" is a known bug (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=511247). Until this bug is fixed, the only workaround is to close the model and reopen it.

The problem with "building the workspace" is not actually a Papyrus-RT bug but a bug in the CDT. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about it, as we do not control the CDT.

Disabling the "Build automatically" will spare you these errors, but you may encounter them again if you build your workspace. Also, if you disable them then you will loose the synchronization between CDT editors and Papyrus-RT models, if you use it (this is, when you select a state or transition and choose Edit effect, Edit guard or Edit action, a CDT editor will open where you can directly edit the associated code, and this will be synchronized with the model, as long as "Build automatically" is checked).

Re: Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753649 is a reply to message #1753556] Wed, 08 February 2017 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

To add to Ernesto's answer, we do have plan to improve the whole build experience. Please see our plan for MVP3. One of our goals is to have, in the future, the ability to click on a single button to trigger the generation of the code, the build of the application, and running the application.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753660 is a reply to message #1753332] Wed, 08 February 2017 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Young-Soo Roh is currently offline Young-Soo RohFriend
Thanks for the input.

Papyrus-RT codegen uses workspace builder to sync user code from CDT source code in the file system. The builder is invoked when source file contents are updated with code generation. There might be a bug on our builder and throwing exception. That's why you do not get build error if you turn off automatic builder.

Can you please post error log that contains stack trace??

Thanks.
Re: Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753869 is a reply to message #1753660] Sat, 11 February 2017 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ernesto Posse,

Thanks for clarifying this to me. Actually everytime I was getting these errors when I was using 'regenerating all code' option. But thanks again for explaining the reasons of getting errors.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 February 2017 01:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Building Workspace has encountered a Problem [message #1753870 is a reply to message #1753869] Sat, 11 February 2017 01:36 Go to previous message
Hi Charles Rivet,

Yes, that is really needed. Now to see the changes, every time I need to regenerate all codes then I go the terminal and make all files and execute TopMain to run the program. Even if there are any syntactical errors then without making file I can not detect.
Previous Topic:What is the difference between a Choice and a Junction?
Next Topic:Ignoring Unexpected Messages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:15:44 GMT 2024