Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram?(Refactor and internal block diagram as a sub-block of a system)
How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram? [message #1752975] Tue, 31 January 2017 14:09 Go to next message
Federico Brega is currently offline Federico BregaFriend
Hello, I have the Block Description Diagram and the internal Block diagram of a block called "B". Now I realize that I want the block B to be a part of the system called A.
It's easy to create block A in the BDD and make block B a part of it.
I'd like to have an IBD of block A that shows B and also its content as they are shown in the IBD of block B.

In this case I don't really care about keeping the IBD of B, I just want a new diagram showing A, its content B, an the content of B.

I found how to show the "internal structure compartment", and also show all the blocks of "B", but they are from the model, not as drawn in the IDB of B.
Re: How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram? [message #1753269 is a reply to message #1752975] Fri, 03 February 2017 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
As far as I understand the SysML specification Papyrus behaves as intended in your case. Internal block diagram as expressed by "internal" are intended to show the internals of a single block, not hierarchies of blocks.

I personally express hierarchies of blocks using associations between blocks within a block definition diagram. I attached a diagram as reference.

index.php/fa/28325/0/

Best regards
Carsten
Re: How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram? [message #1754343 is a reply to message #1752975] Thu, 16 February 2017 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Federico Brega wrote on Tue, 31 January 2017 09:09
Hello, I have the Block Description Diagram and the internal Block diagram of a block called "B". Now I realize that I want the block B to be a part of the system called A.
It's easy to create block A in the BDD and make block B a part of it.
I'd like to have an IBD of block A that shows B and also its content as they are shown in the IBD of block B.

In this case I don't really care about keeping the IBD of B, I just want a new diagram showing A, its content B, an the content of B.

I found how to show the "internal structure compartment", and also show all the blocks of "B", but they are from the model, not as drawn in the IDB of B.

Not completely sure I understand what you're trying to achieve. Is it something like the diagram synchronization/diagram inheritance features shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VRODnYA9Ds and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VRODnYA9Ds

If so, I'm not sure how if the implementation is also applicable to IBDs, but Christian Damus will certainly be able to tell you...
Re: How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram? [message #1754352 is a reply to message #1754343] Thu, 16 February 2017 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Klaas Gadeyne wrote on Thu, 16 February 2017 09:41

If so, I'm not sure how if the implementation is also applicable to IBDs, but Christian Damus will certainly be able to tell you...

AFAICT from https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=465416#c11 , the implementation only provides a generic mechanism, which needs to be specialized for each specific case.

Therefore, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=512307 submitted!
Re: How to refactor an Internal Block Diagram? [message #1754562 is a reply to message #1754352] Mon, 20 February 2017 09:59 Go to previous message
Federico Brega is currently offline Federico BregaFriend
Thanks, that is exactely what I was trying to achive.
I'll follow the bug traking.
Previous Topic:C++ contructor and desctructor
Next Topic:Linking Class Diagrams to Activity Diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:21:09 GMT 2024