Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » emfcompare and 'outline view' for DSL's defined using xtext(emfcompare and 'outline view' for DSL's defined using xtext)
emfcompare and 'outline view' for DSL's defined using xtext [message #1752932] Mon, 30 January 2017 21:56
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hi,
I find the visual 'outline view' of the Abstract Syntax Trees, provided in eclipse IDE for languages defined in xtext (such as XCore for example) very useful.
I believe the outline view does not ussually go down to the level of visualizing the structure of XBase expressions, but that is ok for me (I like to see visually the 'higher level' view of a program).
I was wondering if any work has been done on allowing EMFCompare to be used from the eclipse IDE to visually show differences in the high level 'outline' view of program written in a DSL defined by XText (e.g. comparing two different versions of a program stored in a version control systems such as SVN or Git)? This could be useful for less technical users as an alternative to diffing versions of a program written in a DSL at 'line of code' level.
I would be interested to see this in programs written in DSL's defined in XText for orion or eclipse Che also , but I realise this is a different issue, since I believe 'outline view' is not currently supported in Web based editors for DSL's defined with XText.
Thanks,
Neil
Previous Topic:JvmTypeReference performance proxy resolution
Next Topic:Parsing *some* comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:54:49 GMT 2024