Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » VIATRA » xcore and vaitra(is xcore integration with viatra still available)
xcore and vaitra [message #1752924] Mon, 30 January 2017 19:17 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
When 'installing new software' into eclipse from http://download.eclipse.org/viatra/updates/release I dont see 'xcore intergation ' under the 'VIATRA Integrations', it does seem to exist on the source tree however at http://git.eclipse.org/c/viatra/org.eclipse.viatra.git/tree/integration/features.

I would really like to be able to create a .xvql file and experiment with this feature as it may be very useful for a project that I am working on.
Regards,
Neil
Re: xcore and vaitra [message #1752944 is a reply to message #1752924] Tue, 31 January 2017 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Neil,

first of all, thanks for the interest in VIATRA and its Xcore integration component.

The component is indeed not available from the release update site, as when we were migrating EMF-IncQuery to VIATRA (for version 1.2), we have experienced some issues with it.

Given the maturity of the component, the development cost of keeping it up-to-date with Xcore versions and the fact that we did not know about any users of the component, we have decided not to integrate it into the current VIATRA builds. However, we did not remove the component from the version control to allow reintroducing it as necessary.

If you are interested in this component, I can try to create a build from the component in a few days, but I cannot promise much more support in the short term.

Best regards,
Zoltán
Re: xcore and vaitra [message #1752972 is a reply to message #1752944] Tue, 31 January 2017 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Thanks Zoltan,
Perhaps I can try out the xcore integration by running it in an older version of EMF-Inquery/Viatra. Is this available at a software update site? I guess I would need the correct version of eclipse, and I think the appropriate file extension was something different from .xvql before.
If the code can be built that would be great, If not then a breif description of the build problem would be useful....if the xcore integration is really useful for me I can have a look at the code myself also (I previously looked at the source code for the XCore project)

Re: xcore and vaitra [message #1752976 is a reply to message #1752972] Tue, 31 January 2017 14:13 Go to previous message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Neil,

the last version to include the Xcore Integration as a binary was EMF-IncQuery 1.1, and that used the xcoreiq extension (if I recall correctly).

But I will try to compile the current implementation to see whether it still works or not.

Best regards,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:referencing VIATRA feature s in our own feature
Next Topic:queries on queries in VIATRA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:29:28 GMT 2024