Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » interaction use "tutorial" and examples
interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1752828] Fri, 27 January 2017 21:54 Go to next message
bernard granier is currently offline bernard granierFriend
Hi,

A student asked some questions about sequences diagram and how to organize them.

I tried to explain him the interaction use, and gates mechanism but i was confused.

I look on google but found nothing meaningfull, does someone know a reference or a link about interaction use usage ?

Sincerly,

Bernard
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1752837 is a reply to message #1752828] Sat, 28 January 2017 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello

www.uml-diagrams.org is a great resource. For example:

A gate is a message end, connection point for relating a message outside of an interaction fragment with a message inside the interaction fragment.
The purpose of gates and messages between gates is to specify the concrete sender and receiver for every message. Gates play different roles:
formal gates - on interactions
actual gates - on interaction uses
expression gates - on combined fragment
The gates are named implicitly or explicitly. Implicit gate name is constructed by concatenating the direction of the message ("in" or "out") and the message name, e.g. in_search, out_read.
Gates are notated just as message connection points on the frame.
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1752858 is a reply to message #1752828] Sun, 29 January 2017 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Richard
reading your post, I am not sure, wether
1. what to express with interactions
2. where to place interactions within the model
3. simply the mechanical actions to draw interactions
is the rationale behind the question?
I have my opinion, I am willing to discuss directly with the questioneer on the first two and could provide a video to illustrate the third.
Best regards
Carsten
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1752927 is a reply to message #1752858] Mon, 30 January 2017 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

When i teach, I use sequences diagram to detail how classes or components realize a use case echanging messages which could be method calls.

But if the use case is complex, the diagram may be difficult to read, and to do an exercice, a student wanted to use "interactions use" in order to get a more readable schema.

I felt this was a good idea, but i realized that i am not able to explain correctly how to create an interaction use.

Does that answer to your questions ?

Regards

Bernard
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1753275 is a reply to message #1752927] Fri, 03 February 2017 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi,
many thanks, this completely answers my questions.
This is also really interesting to me and indirectly also a topic of an article I plan to publish in April, so please feel free to contact me via email.
Best regards
Carsten
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1753428 is a reply to message #1753275] Mon, 06 February 2017 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
many thanks, this completely answers my questions.
This is also really interesting to me and indirectly also a topic of an article I plan to publish in April, so please feel free to contact me via email.
Best regards
Carsten

Hi,

A great thanks Carsten, I will be happy to read your article and I thanks you for the ability to contact you by mail.

I do not get yours, maybe could you send it to me : bernard.granier@sfr.fr

Sincerly,

Bernard
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1755848 is a reply to message #1753428] Wed, 08 March 2017 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
faycal ahmed zaid is currently offline faycal ahmed zaidFriend
Hi,

I've the same issue. I'm trying to refer to an existing seq diagram from a new seq diagram by using the InteractionUse fragment block but I'm unable to make it.

Any idea to deal with this problem ?

THanls
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1756009 is a reply to message #1755848] Fri, 10 March 2017 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello

Interaction <<Use>> is working correctly for me. When I double click on it the related sequence diagram opens up in Papyrus.
Re: interaction use "tutorial" and examples [message #1756032 is a reply to message #1756009] Fri, 10 March 2017 09:45 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Normaly, the interaction use the navigation mechanism. When you double click on it, it opens the corresponding interaction
Previous Topic:TypeSymbolDefinition
Next Topic:Sequence Diagram Not Opened
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:14:26 GMT 2024