Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Changing of channels state and options on build, how?
Changing of channels state and options on build, how? [message #1752569] Wed, 25 January 2017 08:44 Go to next message
Markus Eckhardt is currently offline Markus EckhardtFriend
hi,

I have a question about the creating/modifying of channels in OH2.
I get from the device a kind of channels. This channels have capabilities like min/max for float or only usable string options.
In ESH this states min/max and options are set in the channels xml file but I cannot use it. This limitations are dynamic and known only after the initialisation of the bridge. How can I modify a channel and add state limits (min/max and options) after the thing is created or in thing/channel creation time?

https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/bindings/thing-definition.html#state-description

Markus

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2017 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing of channels state and options on build, how? [message #1753348 is a reply to message #1752569] Sat, 04 February 2017 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Rathgeb is currently offline Markus RathgebFriend

Good question.
The min and max option are currently declared on the channel type and so can't be changed by the channel instance.
You could create a custom channel type (programmatically) all the time you needs other min and max, but I don't think this is the best option.
@kaikreuzer If the min / max is not defined by the type but by a special channel instance, should this channel use a configuration option so a custom UI could react on or should we provide a solution by the framework?
Re: Changing of channels state and options on build, how? [message #1754122 is a reply to message #1753348] Tue, 14 February 2017 15:56 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
This information is indeed on the channel type only. It is retrieved by the ChannelStateDescriptionProvider in getStateDescription(). We could think about introducing a new interface, which bindings could implement, that would then be asked for specific channel information; a bit similar to the ConfigOptionProvider that we put in place for individual config options.
Previous Topic:Dynamic Channel Groups?
Next Topic:ESH TP Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:52:18 GMT 2024