Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Diagram owner/root element(Difference between diagram owner and root element)
Diagram owner/root element [message #1752489] Tue, 24 January 2017 12:49 Go to next message
Thomas Gericke is currently offline Thomas GerickeFriend
Hi!

I wonder what the difference is between a diagram "owner" and "root element". After refactoring/moving around a diagram in the model these to concepts sometimes differ and this causes subsequent problems (in this case GenDoc not finding the diagram).

What is the difference between these two concepts and is there something wrong in my environment that does not set them to the same during refactoring?

Eclipse: Neon.1
Papyrus: 2.0.1

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Gericke

index.php/fa/28195/0/
Re: Diagram owner/root element [message #1752491 is a reply to message #1752489] Tue, 24 January 2017 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Thomas,

Briefly:
- owner is the parent in the Model Explorer
- Root element is the element that will be the owner of elements created in the diagram.

I can't answer what is wrong in your environment Smile

Tips: If you move a diagram in the model explorer, only the owner will change and the root element will stay the same.

I believe that for Gendoc the common use case would be to use owner but it depends of your methodology.

Regards,
Benoit
Re: Diagram owner/root element [message #1752508 is a reply to message #1752491] Tue, 24 January 2017 14:56 Go to previous message
Thomas Gericke is currently offline Thomas GerickeFriend
Thank you, that clarified. GenDoc looks for "root element" it seems. Could be good to know for those who struggle with non-working GenDoc reports.

Best regards, Thomas
Previous Topic:Does Papyrus support OSLC
Next Topic:Submodules: X-Resource URIs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:10:30 GMT 2024