Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Selecting the correct Arduino tool chain(Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino )
Selecting the correct Arduino tool chain [message #1752347] Sun, 22 January 2017 19:03 Go to next message
John Walters is currently offline John WaltersFriend
This issue was first posted as a comment on the Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino tool page and responded to by Paul Carew but for the life of me I can't work out how to reply. The issue also appears to be more basic than I first thought so let's have another go here.

I've followed the YouTube video to install Neon C++ for Arduino, have successfully built a "Hello world" sketch and all appears fine. I've downloaded the AVR and SAM tool chains (eventually intend to use a Due), created a Launch Target which shows up in the 'Connections' tab and I can connect a console to my target (a Mega2560 clone). However I can't get the target to show up in the 'Targets' drop down (3rd box along in the toolbar). The only options I have are 'Local' and 'New Launch Target'.

I've tried several methods to create launch targets, they show up in the 'Connections' tab but nothing will make them appear in the 'Target' drop down.

What am I missing here?
Re: Selecting the correct Arduino tool chain [message #1752528 is a reply to message #1752347] Tue, 24 January 2017 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Carew is currently offline Paul CarewFriend
Try Restarting Eclipse.
I had an issue where New or opened projects would not show up in the Launch Bar.

Restarting Eclipse after I opened the project cleared it up.
It looks like the open projects are only scanned at startup and thus the drop down list is not populated until the scan is done.

This is conjecture, as I don't have the source code, but it does seem probable.
Paul.
Re: Selecting the correct Arduino tool chain [message #1752835 is a reply to message #1752528] Sat, 28 January 2017 02:37 Go to previous message
Thai Yangco is currently offline Thai YangcoFriend
index.php/fa/28255/0/

I have a very similar issue, restarting Eclipse made no difference. I posted a new topic but should have just followed this chain
Previous Topic:Skipping incompatible error when using arm-linux-gnueabihf on beaglebone black
Next Topic:Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain does not exist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:45:40 GMT 2024