Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. (Selected project is compiled but does not run. )
Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752299] Fri, 20 January 2017 17:53 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Please review the attached and make a recommendation how to recover.
Note project selected in Project pane, project build in Console view and the error indicating that project " Run" cannot find.
I cannot get a screen shot of the "Run" tool tip pop up , but it indicates the wrong project which cannot be found!

This is always happening when a perfectly good project - compiles and runs - is copied.

I cannot see WHERE does "Run" get the info to run WRONG , unselected project.

Using menu "Clear project " , "Build project" does not seems to correlate with icon "Run" and I have no clue how to fix it .

I apology if this is dupe , but I really need stable IDE and so far it is not working for me.
No explanations WHY this happening is necessary, I need a solution first, than we can talk about it , OK .
Thanks

• Attachment: NEON_7.odt
    (Size: 315.11KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752302 is a reply to message #1752299] Fri, 20 January 2017 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
I suspect your problem is the same as http://stackoverflow.com/a/35661499/2796832
Re: Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752311 is a reply to message #1752299] Fri, 20 January 2017 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
OK, I did check the stackoverflow two answers and they do not provide solution I would even try.
The first "answer" states that Eclipse will run EDITED file since Python will run ANY file.
That would imply that in C++ ONLY .cpp file containing "main " should be currently active in edit pane when "Run" is attempted..
The second goes back to a question I asked here and got an answer to the effect - it is temporary and will go way on next Eclipse load.
I am talking about "temporary fuse x " files in configuration.
These files do not go away and there is no visible way to correlate meaningless number to project name to even attempt to run configure.
IMHO that may be the answer to my problem - truly deleting the "fuse" files or name them as the project they are representing.
I am beginning to believe that QA in development of Eclipse is lacking in testing multiple projects in Project pane.
And PLEASE no what do you expect for free - heard that before many times elsewhere )

As a sidenote - I find it peculiar when well meaning people "pass the buck" to some other forum for references.

Re: Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752314 is a reply to message #1752311] Fri, 20 January 2017 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Quote:
I am beginning to believe that QA in development of Eclipse is lacking in testing multiple projects in Project pane.

Please join the release testing, contribute bug reports and contribute fixes. What else can you expect, it is free and open source software Smile
Re: Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752315 is a reply to message #1752314] Sat, 21 January 2017 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The Run button/menu run a Launch Config. The Launch Config that is run depends on your workspace settings and by default isn't associated with the currently selected project. The default is the last run launch. When create or copy a project, you will need to create a launch config by either right clicking on the compiled executable and selecting Run as->C++ application or you will need to open the Run dialog and create a new C++ launch config and point it at the compiled executable.
Re: Project selection in NEOS2 runs wrong project. [message #1752320 is a reply to message #1752299] Sat, 21 January 2017 12:46 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Vaclav, would you please read the CDT instructions available at Help -> Help Contents -> C/C++ Development User Guide.

The answers to most of your problems are there.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Build Project fails with ERROR 258
Next Topic:Different icons in Outline View for the same objects.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:15:09 GMT 2024