Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Disable errors reported by xtext
Disable errors reported by xtext [message #1752281] Fri, 20 January 2017 15:12 Go to next message
Daniel Millard is currently offline Daniel MillardFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a compiler for a DSL with xtext handling the syntactic structure/UI features of the language and Haskell handling the semantics.

It is the Haskell that will identify the semantic errors however I am getting issues with the xtext reporting numerous errors. The xtext is very broad and will accept nearly allworkable code as long as the structure is correct.

Is there anyway of disabling the errors being generated by xtext as they are unneeded and clog the error reporting making it hard to find the real errors.

Thank you for your time
Re: Disable errors reported by xtext [message #1752305 is a reply to message #1752281] Fri, 20 January 2017 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
What kind of errors? Resolving/linking errors? In that case you could consider binding a custom ILinkingDiagnosticMessageProvider.Extended and override getUnresolvedProxyMessage(). Returning null will cause the error to be ignored.

OTOH, if cross references are not resolved correctly, much of the editing & navigation support will break down, not sure that's what you want.
Re: Disable errors reported by xtext [message #1752386 is a reply to message #1752305] Mon, 23 January 2017 09:40 Go to previous message
Daniel Millard is currently offline Daniel MillardFriend
It would be resolving errors.

I will look into the custom linking though.

Thanks for your reply
Previous Topic:[XTEXT] How to display specific error for special characters?
Next Topic:No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.preferences.IPreferenceValuesProvider annotated with @org.ec
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:32:42 GMT 2024