Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Moving Lines(Moving Lines in a class diagram is different in Neon)
Moving Lines [message #1752184] Thu, 19 January 2017 13:51 Go to next message
Scott Mansfield is currently offline Scott MansfieldFriend
In Mars.3/Papyrus 1.1.4

I could click on a rectilinear line and drag it anywhere between the classes. In Neon, the line only moves when the line is dragged far enough for the connection points to move to a different side of the class.

Is there some new setting to allow a regctilinear line to be dragged anywhere? It is troublesome to have to move one end and then move the other end (which works but is multiple clicks for what used to be a simple drag operation).
Re: Moving Lines [message #1755225 is a reply to message #1752184] Wed, 01 March 2017 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi ,
could you detailled your use case, because I do not undersand. The line can move even if you are closed to the connection point.
Best regards,
Patrick
Re: Moving Lines [message #1755244 is a reply to message #1755225] Wed, 01 March 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
If I understand Scott's issue I have also been annoyed by the same issue. Unfortunately I do not have any good screen recorder to show the behavior.

Anyway, here is a screen shot of a very simple example:

index.php/fa/28608/0/

Please note that the association is rectilinear. If you now simply click on the middle of the transition, then in Mars you could move the transition up and down and place it freely anywhere. But in Neon the association is "snapped" (or whatever you call it) and you have to move up above the classes themselves (so that the association now gets additional bend-points).

index.php/fa/28609/0/

This is extremely annoying, when you just want to move the rectilinear edge slightly up and down as you could do in Mars. To be noted that this seem to be an issue with a edges, like flows between actions in an activity diagram as well. So this with an association was just one example.

/Peter Cigéhn
Re: Moving Lines [message #1755401 is a reply to message #1755244] Thu, 02 March 2017 22:04 Go to previous message
Scott Mansfield is currently offline Scott MansfieldFriend
Here is a side-by-side screen recording that shows the issue.

Hope this helps
Previous Topic:SysML Modeling Example
Next Topic:Problem moving association labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:29:38 GMT 2024