Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Search not working
Search not working [message #1752168] Thu, 19 January 2017 12:22 Go to next message
Ludwig Moser is currently offline Ludwig MoserFriend
Hello,

i have a EventListener on a Text field and fire up an SearchAction to open up Nattable Search dialog when pressing the CTRL+F keys.

SearchAction sa = new SearchAction();
sa.run(natTable, e);

the search dialog opens normally. but does not find any results/matches (though there is data which would match! - the settings are correct.)

Rendering/Filtering/Sorting/Grouping is working normally.
any ideas what could go wrong there?

Edit: Nattable Version 1.4.9.101602082201

[Updated on: Thu, 19 January 2017 12:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Search not working [message #1752169 is a reply to message #1752168] Thu, 19 January 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
The NatTable version you posted does not exist. At least not officially, so I have no idea what you or who else has modified, but I don't feel responsible for such forks!

Do you have a SelectionLayer in your stack? I just tried the same by modifying the _6036_SingleFieldFilterExample (added a SelectionLayer to the body layer stack and changed the functionality of the text field to the same you posted) and it works.
Re: Search not working [message #1752263 is a reply to message #1752169] Fri, 20 January 2017 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the version i posted was a snapshot (and i had a typo in it i had 1016 instead of 2016 Embarrassed .
i have modifications on nattable source code.
i added the latest version now (repository - 1.4.0.201606011907), same result.
yes, i do have an SelectionLayer in my Stack.

i do use these Layers in use (i hope i did not forget one):

• ColumnGroupExpandCollapseLayer
  • ColumnGroupReorderLayer
  • ColumnGroupHeaderLayer
  • ColumnHeaderLayer
  • ColumnHideShowLayer
  • CompositeFreezeLayer
  • DefaultColumnHeaderDataLayer
  • SortHeaderLayer
  • FreezeLayer
  • GlazedListsEventLayer
  • GroupByDataLayer
  • TreeLayer
  • ViewPortLayer

i did not notice any other features broken, so the data seems to be accessible. (even Export to Excel works.)

NOTE: when i start the search, and just leave the inital values (it takes the value of one cell (so there is at least one hit, even if it only takes the selection) it still tells me no match.)

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2017 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Search not working [message #1752266 is a reply to message #1752263] Fri, 20 January 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
i have modifications on nattable source code

But you know that the EPL says that if you change the original source code, you have to contribute that back? Otherwise it is a violation of the EPL.

I just mention that because I hear that often that people simply modified our code and never contributed back. And from the open source point of view that really angers me!

Nevertheless, you at least forgot the GridLayer I guess. Or do you use a custom composition where you add the column header and the body?

The SearchCommand is taken by the SearchGridCellsCommandHandler which is registered on the SelectionLayer. Not sure if you modified something at that point in your stack.

To find you more you will need to debug or provide an example that shows the issue. The examples I have are working as intended, and without something to look at I can't help.
Re: Search not working [message #1752267 is a reply to message #1752266] Fri, 20 January 2017 12:57 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 07:41
Quote:
i have modifications on nattable source code

But you know that the EPL says that if you change the original source code, you have to contribute that back? Otherwise it is a violation of the EPL.

I edited the post a couple of times and it seems I dropped the word NO.
all I do is use nattable jar as library and then create a "wrapper" around it so I can simply create instances of the (complex) configuration.

So i'll have a look on the selection layer (but I doubt there is something special on this)

My wrapper (the config of nattable) is close connected to the rest of my application, which is very generic, so it would end in too much - not a simple small example.

If I find something which seems to be sort incorrect I'll let you know.
Probaby I can simplify my configuration to run as a sample.

Thanks for your fast reply in the meantime.
Previous Topic:Editor position mismatches in Groupby Nattable.
Next Topic:TreeLayer: Retrieve items lazily does not work properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:15:15 GMT 2024