Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin(Unable to locate site to get latest SWT GTK plugin)
Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin [message #1752124] Thu, 19 January 2017 04:27 Go to next message
Joe Fernandez is currently offline Joe FernandezFriend
I have an Eclipse Neon installation on Windows 10.

I have developed an RCP E4 application that runs fine on Windows 10. It has a defined dependency on the org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_64 plugin and this all builds and runs fine on the Windows Target platform.

I now want to export a Linux GTK version so I need a dependency on the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 plugin, I presume.

So I want to give my Neon Windows installation a software update site which has this Linux 64 bit GTK plugin, but I cannot locate it.

I went to the SWT home page https://www.eclipse.org/swt/
and followed the instructions there to go to the 4.6.2 release site, scroll to the bottom section "SWT Binary and Source " and download the zip file swt-4.6.2-gtk-linux-x86_64.zip.

I download this file but Eclipse does not recognize it as either a P2 repository or a jar that can be used in Install New Software.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin [message #1752203 is a reply to message #1752124] Thu, 19 January 2017 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Use `http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon` as your update site, and include the "Eclipse SDK" feature: it includes the supported variants of SWT.
Re: Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin [message #1752218 is a reply to message #1752203] Fri, 20 January 2017 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much, Brian, for your very prompt reply. I was able to get the Linux 64 GTK and other variants of SWT plugins.

Is there a way I should have been able to find the container, knowing the plugin I wanted?

Thanks again!

Re: Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin [message #1752219 is a reply to message #1752203] Fri, 20 January 2017 05:29 Go to previous message
Thank you very much, Brian, for your very prompt reply. I was able to get the Linux 64 GTK and other variants of SWT plugins.

Is there a way I should have been able to find the container, knowing the plugin I wanted?

Thanks again!

Previous Topic:Cannot Edit cells of table using TableViewerColumn.setEditingSupport
Next Topic:Issue with Visio Viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:38:37 GMT 2024