Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to get eclipse to color code php?(Eclipse IDE)
How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752066] Wed, 18 January 2017 13:58 Go to next message
Michael poz is currently offline Michael pozFriend
Hi, I have been using Eclipse for about 6 months but I have been unable to get the IDE to show PHP in color.

When I click on a new file to edit, I get a pop-up that says "Unsupported content type in editor. To associate file extension with a supported content type, please see Content Type Preference Page."

I have gone into the Content Type Preference Page many times and it seems to be setup correctly. But my pages are still only black and white.

Even gedit color codes the files correctly.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the color coding to work on php?

Thanks.
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752741 is a reply to message #1752066] Thu, 26 January 2017 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752745 is a reply to message #1752741] Thu, 26 January 2017 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What would someone have to do to replicate the problem, including exactly the download of Eclipse you're using and any setup you've done within it? Do you have the PHP development tools installed? Are you opening the PHP files with the PHP Editor?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752746 is a reply to message #1752745] Thu, 26 January 2017 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The funny thing is that if I search for a term, and then double click and open the file that was found in the search, it will open with all the colors displayed correctly. But if I open a file from the PHP Explorer, I get the error and the colors do not display.
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752748 is a reply to message #1752746] Thu, 26 January 2017 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Right-click on the file and use the Open With menu to make sure you're opening it with the PHP Editor.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752925 is a reply to message #1752748] Mon, 30 January 2017 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. If I Right-click and click on "Open with", the PHP Editor is defaulted. If I click on "PHP Editor", the file opens WITH colors. If I then close the file and then double click the file, it opens WITH OUT colors again. I guess from here on out, I'll just use "Open with".
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752940 is a reply to message #1752925] Tue, 31 January 2017 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That's very strange. Go into the File Associations preference page and double-check which editor is marked as the default. Hopefully that's all that's going on there, because the behavior is to Open using the last editor you used for that file. Opening a file with the PHP Editor explicitly should make it always open with the PHP Editor.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: How to get eclipse to color code php? [message #1752990 is a reply to message #1752940] Tue, 31 January 2017 17:52 Go to previous message
Under File Associations, I have three listed. And it will not allow me to remove any of them. I have two that say PHP Editor (with different icons), and I have one that says Text Editor.
Previous Topic:ERROR INSTALLING
Next Topic:VPAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:56:41 GMT 2024