Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Displaying different objects in Nat Table
Displaying different objects in Nat Table [message #1752054] Wed, 18 January 2017 11:23 Go to next message
Bartosz Szczypien is currently offline Bartosz SzczypienFriend
I would like to say Hello on the forum and say that this Nat Table is insanely good!

I have the problem with displaying different type of objects in the Nat Table. When the data is being rendered (from upper part to the bottom) everything is filled properly (where exactly the same type of objects appears) and it stops (blank cell) where different object appears.
I try to display two type of objects in one Nat Table, to better understand the case, the code of the objects:

public class PurchaseDocumentModelAndWarehouseItem extends BaseInsaneRowObject{
	public BigDecimal getAmount(){
		return amount;
	}
}

public class DocumentOrderAndWarehouseItemsAndAmount extends BaseInsaneRowObject{
	public BigDecimal getAmount(){
		return amount;
	}
}

1. I can add additional info if needed (how I create Nat Table and which features are being used)
2. Nat Table has somewhere exception catcher that prevent from throwing exceptions outside, it makes it hard to debug, can I somehow makes exceptions visible?
3. When the new version of Nat Table will be available, "the event lag" described here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1081434/ is visible for me too and I would like to change refresh intervals in EventConflaterChain.class, In Nat Table 1.4 it is private and I dont have access to change it
Re: Displaying different objects in Nat Table [message #1752073 is a reply to message #1752054] Wed, 18 January 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
1. I suppose you are using the ReflectiveColumnPropertyAccessor, and since you are using different types of the same base class you probably run into https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=484088

A fix is proposed. Until then you could still implement your own IDataProvider or IColumnAccessor. You don't need to use the default reflective one.

2. No you can not make exceptions visible or make them throw further. There are reasons for that. Wink

3. I don't have plans yet and still wait for some reviews to be done. Also by customers. But probably within the next 2 months if I get some outstanding issues fixed. But you can already use a SNAPSHOT build. They are also available via update site.
Re: Displaying different objects in Nat Table [message #1752161 is a reply to message #1752073] Thu, 19 January 2017 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bartosz Szczypien is currently offline Bartosz SzczypienFriend
Thank You Dirk
I used InheritanceReflectiveColumnPropertyAccessor class (that implements IColumnPropertyAccessor) from the bug You gave there is attachment and it solved the problem (different type of objects can be used)
Re: Displaying different objects in Nat Table [message #1752162 is a reply to message #1752161] Thu, 19 January 2017 10:54 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
The linked Gerrit patch shows the integration of the solution in the ReflectiveColumnPropertyAccessor so when that patch is merged, the custom one is not needed anymore
Previous Topic:Key navigation not "active" when programmatically focusing NatTable Control
Next Topic:Editor position mismatches in Groupby Nattable.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:51:16 GMT 2024