Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Issue with Visio Viewer (Visio viewer OLE issue)
Issue with Visio Viewer [message #1751720] Thu, 12 January 2017 20:40 Go to next message
Alain Picard is currently offline Alain PicardFriend
I am attempting to provide a view that launches the Visio Viewer within our application and I am facing a few problems.

Whether I run the Viewer just like in the example snippets (just a regular class with a main) or as a view within our RCP application, I am able to load the vsdx file and see the diagram, but I can't get the viewer to respond to mouse events in the canvas area. Also resizing of the window doesn't refresh leading to weird results. Selecting a shape doesn't report any errors but doesn't show any selection and lastly I can't seem to get any event when listening. BTW I can use the mouse on the scrollbar and viewer menu without issue.

For testing I created a minimal C# Form application and everything works fine from there. Also if I don't load a document, the resizing issue doesn't happen.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the Visio Viewer or other Active X controls ? Is there something that traps the mouse events or disables the canvas window ?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alain
Re: Issue with Visio Viewer [message #1752350 is a reply to message #1751720] Sun, 22 January 2017 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've made a number of additional attempts and I hope that some extra details might help someone provide some insight.

As stated, I had 2 problems, getting the viewer to get the focus and respond to event and the resizing.

In googling I found out that the MS code is supposed to do a SetObjectRects and a SetExtent. In the OleClientSite I noticed that the setExtent was never called and the only want that it can be called is from a OnPosRectChange event from the iOleInPlaceSite.

So I forced a call to OnPostRectChange from a conditional breakpoint and the resize problem is gone. But then it begs the question why aren't we receiving this event. But this would only address one of the issues.

My research is leaving me to believe that I might be dealing with a IOleInPlaceSiteWindowless instead of iOleInPlaceSite as supported by SWT OleClientSite. Am I looking at the wrong place or can this be the source of the issue.

Thanks
Re: Issue with Visio Viewer [message #1752351 is a reply to message #1751720] Sun, 22 January 2017 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've made a number of additional attempts and I hope that some extra details might help someone provide some insight.

As stated, I had 2 problems, getting the viewer to get the focus and respond to event and the resizing.

In googling I found out that the MS code is supposed to do a SetObjectRects and a SetExtent. In the OleClientSite I noticed that the setExtent was never called and the only want that it can be called is from a OnPosRectChange event from the iOleInPlaceSite.

So I forced a call to OnPostRectChange from a conditional breakpoint and the resize problem is gone. But then it begs the question why aren't we receiving this event. But this would only address one of the issues.

My research is leaving me to believe that I might be dealing with a IOleInPlaceSiteWindowless instead of iOleInPlaceSite as supported by SWT OleClientSite. Am I looking at the wrong place or can this be the source of the issue.

Thanks
Re: Issue with Visio Viewer [message #1752352 is a reply to message #1751720] Sun, 22 January 2017 21:44 Go to previous message

Thanks
Previous Topic:Where is Neon update site for SWT GTK plugin
Next Topic:ExpandBar Collapse/Expand Listener Post Setting of expanded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:28:22 GMT 2024