Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Get list of installed features in RCP app
Get list of installed features in RCP app [message #1751602] Wed, 11 January 2017 19:08 Go to next message
Ken Keefe is currently offline Ken KeefeFriend
I've been searching for a few days now for a solution. I'd like to get a comprehensive list of installed features in my running RCP application. This page (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3104416/how-can-my-eclipse-rcp-code-list-all-installed-features) suggests using Platform.getBundleGroupProviders(). This looks perfect for what I need, but doesn't actually work.

When I run it, the array it returns is size 0. Also, when I look at the returned array in the debugger, the value of the array shows this error message instead: org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugException: com.sun.jdi.ClassNotLoadedException: Type has not been loaded occurred while retrieving component type of array.

Does this mean that it was unable to load the class that implements IBundleGroupProvider? When I look at the type hierarchy for IBundleGroupProvider, there is nothing listed that implements it. So, I am guessing I am missing something from my target.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to do this?

I was able to get a list of all installed plugins without a problem by doing this:

Bundle allBundles[] = Platform.getProduct().getDefiningBundle().getBundleContext().getBundles();

Features are proving to be more difficult.
Re: Get list of installed features in RCP app [message #1751837 is a reply to message #1751602] Mon, 16 January 2017 03:27 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
The IBundleGroupProvider implementations are in org.eclipse.update.configurator. I'm not really up on how that all fits in together.

The other approach is to use p2 and query your current profile for all installed features.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Install new feature(s) in e4 RCP
Next Topic:CSS Stylesheet for Eclipse RCP APP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:56:36 GMT 2024