Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to model object creation in a sequence diagram with Papyrus
How to model object creation in a sequence diagram with Papyrus [message #1751452] Tue, 10 January 2017 13:49 Go to next message
Christian Vollmer is currently offline Christian VollmerFriend
I'm creating a sequence diagram in Papyrus. I want to model the creation of an object at runtime using a create message. There is a "Message Create" in Papyrus, but I don't know how to use it. Neither can I find any documenation about it. Can someone explain it to me or point me to a proper documentation?
Re: How to model object creation in a sequence diagram with Papyrus [message #1751491 is a reply to message #1751452] Tue, 10 January 2017 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Christian,

Using the "Message Create" edge, simply draw the message starting from one timeline, starting either the timeline's dashed line or from an action/behavior specification on the timeline to the other timeline's "header" (i.e., the box at the top of the timeline). The second timeline's header should then be repositioned to correspond to the start of the creation message.

I hope this helps!

/Charles Rivet
Re: How to model object creation in a sequence diagram with Papyrus [message #1751529 is a reply to message #1751491] Wed, 11 January 2017 08:07 Go to previous message
Christian Vollmer is currently offline Christian VollmerFriend
Thanks. It's working now. For some reason this didn't work with the lifeline I created. But after I started a new diagram from scratch, it worked.
Previous Topic:sysml model migration not working (mars to neon)
Next Topic:Drop element in Papyrus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:24:07 GMT 2024