Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [Scout 6.1] BrowserField
[Scout 6.1] BrowserField [message #1751355] Mon, 09 January 2017 10:30 Go to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

yesterday I tried to display a URL-String in a BrowserField. But the field remained empty.

I know that browserField.setLocation(URLString) is invoked but the field stays empty.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Peter
Re: [Scout 6.1] BrowserField [message #1751384 is a reply to message #1751355] Mon, 09 January 2017 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Peter Pfeifer wrote on Mon, 09 January 2017 05:30
yesterday I tried to display a URL-String in a BrowserField. But the field remained empty.

I know that browserField.setLocation(URLString) is invoked but the field stays empty.

It is possible that your URL is simply blocked by the browser. Scout's browser field is implemented using <iframe> elements, so all restrictions for iframes apply.

For example, it is not possible to include a http URL inside a https page for security reasons. It is also possible that the target location refuses to be shown inside another page ("X-Frame-Options"). Browser usually report blocked page access with an error message on the developer console (try f12 or ctrl-shift-i). Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about. It's just the way browsers work nowadays. The only thing you can configure are the sandbox attributes (see the corresponding getConfigured... methods on the AbstractBrowserField).

Regards,
Beat
Re: [Scout 6.1] BrowserField [message #1751419 is a reply to message #1751384] Tue, 10 January 2017 07:56 Go to previous message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Yeah, you are right. It says:

in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'

Thx.

Peter
Previous Topic:AbstractBeanColumn<VALUE>
Next Topic:[NEON] Demo project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:12:44 GMT 2024