Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Git Staging not working for some users in Eclipse Luna(Git Staging not working for some users in Eclipse Luna)
Git Staging not working for some users in Eclipse Luna [message #1751057] Wed, 04 January 2017 07:47 Go to next message
Oron Bortman is currently offline Oron BortmanFriend
Hi,
Users in my company started to work with the plugin Egit in Eclipse Luna (version 4.4.2).
The version of Egit plugin: is 3.4.2.201412180340-r.
The Git Staging view doesn't show anything in Unstaged Changes and Staged Changes, although there are files that have been modified and files that have been added and they are not in git ignore file.
This problem happens no to all of the users.
I tried to look at the log in the .metadata folder under the workspace, but there is only warning of Egit that is not related to the problem the users have. (This warning appears also to the users that Git Staging view works in their stations.)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2016-12-21 15:02:39.618
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

Someone maybe encountered with similar problem? Any idea what else can I check or do?

Thanks!
Re: Git Staging not working for some users in Eclipse Luna [message #1751477 is a reply to message #1751057] Tue, 10 January 2017 15:47 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
First try to update to a more recent version and check if this fixes your problem, 3.4.2 is more than 2 years old.
You can install the latest release 4.6 from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates

If you look for older versions find them listed here
https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#Where_can_I_find_older_releases_of_EGit.3F
Previous Topic:Stash apply result in conflicts even there are no conflicts different from command line
Next Topic:Egit doesn't display modified icon/red flag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:28:33 GMT 2024