Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Derived attributes - emphatic(How to automatically generate derived values)
Derived attributes - emphatic [message #1750644] Fri, 23 December 2016 17:01 Go to next message
bullet king is currently offline bullet kingFriend
Hi,

I am trying to create a metamodel using emphatic (.emf file) for schools infrastructure- rooms, desks etc. I want to create a 'derived id attr int roomId' for the rooms class. When creating a model which conforms to this metamodel, every time a new instance of the class room is created, I want the 'roomid' to be automatically populated by the next available id number. Is there a way to implement this in emphatic itself (in the metamodel .emf file), without changing the generated java code?

Thanks
Re: Derived attributes - emphatic [message #1750677 is a reply to message #1750644] Sat, 24 December 2016 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Emfatic doesn't support this I'm afraid. I'd recommend having a look at OCLInEcore [1] or Xcore [2] instead.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ocl.doc%2Fhelp%2FOCLinEcore.html
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore
Re: Derived attributes - emphatic [message #1750696 is a reply to message #1750677] Sun, 25 December 2016 21:00 Go to previous message
bullet king is currently offline bullet kingFriend
thank you Smile will try those recommendations.
Previous Topic:Populate method in Template: Not working as expected
Next Topic:Error when click on 'Generate GMF Editor'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:27:54 GMT 2024