Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » EASE Rhino engine interferes with BIRT
EASE Rhino engine interferes with BIRT [message #1750400] Tue, 20 December 2016 17:16 Go to next message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
I have EASE 0.3 and BIRT 4.5 installed on Eclipse Mars.2. BIRT uses Rhino internally for scripted data sources. EASE is configured to use the Rhino engine.
When I open the script shell I get an exception (see below). This does not happen when EASE uses the Nashorn scripting engine. Both EASE and BIRT try to initialize the Rhino engine, but this can be done only once per session.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2016-12-20 12:00:24.707
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.rhino" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.rhino.RhinoScriptEngine".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:184)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.ease.service.EngineDescription.createEngine(EngineDescription.java:90)
at org.eclipse.ease.ui.view.ScriptShell.setEngine(ScriptShell.java:435)
at org.eclipse.ease.ui.view.ScriptShell.createPartControl(ScriptShell.java:278)
(...)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.initGlobal(ContextFactory.java:177)
at org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.rhino.RhinoScriptEngine.<clinit>(RhinoScriptEngine.java:55)
... 125 more

Re: EASE Rhino engine interferes with BIRT [message #1750421 is a reply to message #1750400] Tue, 20 December 2016 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
I am aware of this incompatibility between BIRT and EASE. To my knowledge it has been there from the beginning and happens for all combinations for BIRT and EASE. The way it is now I do not see how you can use these tools together in the same environment without interfering with each other as long as you need the rhino engine support. We both try to change the Rhino classloader, but only the firt one succeeds, the 2nd one is bound to fail due to the Rhino design. I am sorry to say but from my point of view there is nothing we can do against it. Only option for you would be to use the nashorn engine and skip Rhino entirely for EASE.

Christian
Re: EASE Rhino engine interferes with BIRT [message #1750504 is a reply to message #1750421] Wed, 21 December 2016 19:25 Go to previous message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
I have already switched to Nashorn, I just wanted to check if it's a known issue.
Previous Topic:Interference of EASE 0.4 with latest Scala IDE
Next Topic:EASE script not terminate (or just cannot be clear) in debug view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:14:41 GMT 2024