Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Elementtype for Aggregate(How to configure an elementtype aggregate value for an Association descriptable)
Elementtype for Aggregate [message #1750240] Mon, 19 December 2016 09:12 Go to next message
Thomas Gericke is currently offline Thomas GerickeFriend
I am configuring a toolbox for shapes (elements) and edges (relationships) and have the need to have an aggregate-relationship in the toolbox. I have succeeded to add an association, but I also need to set the aggregate property to "Aggregate".

I want to avoid to have to "program" (in Java) and want do it descriptable instead and hope to find a solution between some of the rules (for setting stereotypes etc).

1. Is it possible to set the aggregate property descriptable?
2. If yes, how it is done?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Thomas Gericke
Re: Elementtype for Aggregate [message #1750491 is a reply to message #1750240] Wed, 21 December 2016 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavier ZeitounFriend
Hi,

I have never used it but I think you can do the requested operation without code using SetValue Advice.

The procedure :
1- create a new ElementTypeConfigurationModel (wizard accessible through CTRL-N)
2- create new Specialization type that specialize the Metamodel type for UML::association
3- create a new SetValue advice and refere the feature to set and the value
4- refere your ElementTypeConfigurationModel throuth the following extension point "org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.types.core.elementTypeSetConfiguration"

Best regards,
Xavier

[Updated on: Wed, 21 December 2016 16:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Elementtype for Aggregate [message #1750974 is a reply to message #1750491] Tue, 03 January 2017 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi,

Xavier made the correct suggestion, unfortunately it's not possible for the moment to set the aggregation at Shared in a pure model way.

This is tracked for SysML 1.4 in this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=507601

You may do it in java, see : https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-sysml.git/tree/core/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.service.types/src/org/eclipse/papyrus/sysml14/service/types/advice/SharedAssociationEditHelperAdvice.java

Regards,
Benoit
Re: Elementtype for Aggregate [message #1752187 is a reply to message #1750974] Thu, 19 January 2017 14:40 Go to previous message
Thomas Gericke is currently offline Thomas GerickeFriend
Thank you so much!

I went the "Java way" and implemented both an aggregate and a composite helper advice.

Great help! And thanks once again!

Best regards, Thomas
Previous Topic:Oomph setup problems
Next Topic:Moving Properties and Operations to a different class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:28:58 GMT 2024