Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » How can I run ESH outside of eclipse?(ESH is composed of a lot of bundles, which come in a preconfigured eclipse workspace. How can I export them outside of eclipse and run them as an independent OSGi service?)
How can I run ESH outside of eclipse? [message #1750163] Fri, 16 December 2016 15:31 Go to next message
Konstantin Tkachuk is currently offline Konstantin TkachukFriend
ESH is composed of a lot of bundles, which come in a preconfigured eclipse workspace. How can I export them outside of eclipse and run them as an independent OSGi service?

I have downloaded and installed the ESH workspace with all its bundles. I can easily start them using Eclipse Launch Configurations. Everything works perfectly, no issues.

Now I want to export the ESH bundles (getting corresponding .jar files for each bundle, I assume) and run them from the command line. My final goal is to run ESH on a Raspberry Pi, but currently I cannot even manage to export and launch it on my PC.

The closest I have come so far is trying to export from the feature.xml-files in the corresponding feature-bundles. But this never seems to work due to "A cycle was detected when generating the classpath..." errors.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it maybe possible to build everything using maven? What should I be doing differently?

Please, help!
Re: How can I run ESH outside of eclipse? [message #1750166 is a reply to message #1750163] Fri, 16 December 2016 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
To run it outside of the IDE, you obviously need some OSGi framework, an HTTP server, some initial configuration, etc.
Please have a look at https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome-packaging-sample - This repo gives you an example of how you can package the ESH bundles into a standalone distribution.

Hope this helps!
Kai
Re: How can I run ESH outside of eclipse? [message #1750207 is a reply to message #1750166] Sun, 18 December 2016 10:22 Go to previous message
Konstantin Tkachuk is currently offline Konstantin TkachukFriend
Thank you very much, this sample repository really helped a lot. I actually got it to work on my Raspbian! Smile
Previous Topic:Launch configuration for Smarthome Designer for Windows missing
Next Topic:Yahoo Weather Binding Crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:24:40 GMT 2024