Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » I can't sort UML elements by type in model explorer or tables!
I can't sort UML elements by type in model explorer or tables! [message #1750124] Fri, 16 December 2016 09:52 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
I need to sort classifiers by type in a Package (e.g. first all Actors; then all Classes; then all Components; then all Use Cases; etc. etc.) in Model Explorer and in Generic tables. Can't find a way to do it! Please let me know if any suggestions thank you!
Re: I can't sort UML elements by type in model explorer or tables! [message #1750139 is a reply to message #1750124] Fri, 16 December 2016 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
You need to make a new customization file for the model explorer, in this file you link a request in which you look for all packaged elements but you store in the list by alphabetic order.
This customization is quite complex to do.
you can see example in all *.custom files in all plugins of the modelexplorer
Re: I can't sort UML elements by type in model explorer or tables! [message #1750148 is a reply to message #1750124] Fri, 16 December 2016 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello Richard,
in (Generic) Table, you can't yet sort elements by Metaclass. You can only use these sorts :
- sorting the rows by alphabetic order(Right-Click on the body of the table>Rows->Sort Rows (A->Z)).
- sorting the rows by feature values (Alt-Left-Click on the column header) and Shift-Alt-Left-Click on the column header to sort with several columns.

Re: I can't sort UML elements by type in model explorer or tables! [message #1750204 is a reply to message #1750148] Sun, 18 December 2016 02:58 Go to previous message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Thank you very much Patrick and Lorenzo. I think sorting by type (metaclass) would be a useful feature, I'll submit an enhancement suggestion in Bugzilla...
Previous Topic:[DSML/Diagram kind]: Forcing stereotype creation on model creation
Next Topic:More help on style sheets - sequence diagram fragments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:18:52 GMT 2024