Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Super/Subscript in Eclipse
Super/Subscript in Eclipse [message #1750017] Thu, 15 December 2016 08:07 Go to next message
Snow Mac is currently offline Snow MacFriend
I'm teaching myself java using Eclipse on Opensuse and when I need math/science functions, I like to add them to the comments.
Being somewhat pedantic I prefer to type it in form, so I would to know if there is a way for me to easily add super and sub script in comments in Eclipse?
Re: Super/Subscript in Eclipse [message #1750090 is a reply to message #1750017] Fri, 16 December 2016 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Technically it'll be rendered as web pages when you generate a JavaDoc site, and show as such in the Eclipse UI. You'll want to be extra careful not to write broken HTML in your JavaDoc.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Super/Subscript in Eclipse [message #1750091 is a reply to message #1750090] Fri, 16 December 2016 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
The only thing you can really do is copy+paste characters from somewhere (like a Word doc or a web page) into the Eclipse editor. Be mindful of the character encoding that's being used for your files, and as Nitin said make sure it doesn't look screwy in the rendered JavaDoc.
Re: Super/Subscript in Eclipse [message #1750095 is a reply to message #1750017] Fri, 16 December 2016 05:12 Go to previous message
Snow Mac is currently offline Snow MacFriend
Thanks Nitin & Eric
I kind of figured that was the case - just making sure there wasn't a lazy way to placate my pedanticity ;/
As for encoding I stay with UTF-8 so hopefully using something closer to native with a big overlap with Eclipse, like kate, keeps the gremlins dry.
Again ta for the response.

As a final word:
a small program in KDE called KCharSelect allows you to add super/sub script to your comments - howsoever Eclipse gets real snarky if you try to add it to code ;}

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2016 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Context popup whited out
Next Topic:SWT Palette
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:59 GMT 2024