Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Can't get egit to refresh tag info
Can't get egit to refresh tag info [message #1749996] Thu, 15 December 2016 01:04 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Yesterday I created an annotated tag to mark the commit for a release.

Today, after I realized a bug in what we released, I created a bugfix branch from the tag, created and merged a PR branch back to the bugfix branch, then edited the tag in the remote repository (BitBucket) to refer to the new replaced commit on the bugfix branch. I verified that the new commit it points to is correct.

I then, for verification sake, wanted to switch to the new tag in my workspace. I tried doing a "Fetch from upstream" and even a "Pull", but when I drill down into the "Switch to" dialog, the tag that I set still has the old commit id. I even tried restarting Eclipse. It's still wrong.
Re: Can't get egit to refresh tag info [message #1749997 is a reply to message #1749996] Thu, 15 December 2016 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Ah. Got it. It's not that simple to get tags that have changed. I had to select "Remote"->"Fetch...", then "Always fetch tags ...".
Re: Can't get egit to refresh tag info [message #1750018 is a reply to message #1749997] Thu, 15 December 2016 08:31 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
git (and also jgit) does not download a modified tag behind your back, you need to run a forced fetch to get such updates.
Previous Topic:Is there a version of jgit that can run on java 6?
Next Topic:new Mercurial client?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:20:19 GMT 2024