Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Close button disappears from Editors after migrating workspace from Eclipse 3 to 4
Close button disappears from Editors after migrating workspace from Eclipse 3 to 4 [message #1749864] Tue, 13 December 2016 10:57 Go to next message
Thomas Elskens is currently offline Thomas ElskensFriend
Hello,

I have an RCP application from which version 1 runs on Eclipse Indigo, and version 2 runs on Eclipse Mars with the compatibility layer.

Now when, with version 1,
# I create a workspace,
# open some editors in it,
# close the application and reopen with version 2

The open editors get restored but without close buttons (see screenshot). It is also not possible to right click on the editor tabs to open the context menu.

There is a workaround (File -> Close) and when reopening the same editors the close button is back, but I was wondering if this is a known limitation of migrating workspaces from Eclipse 3 to 4 ?
Re: Close button disappears from Editors after migrating workspace from Eclipse 3 to 4 [message #1750700 is a reply to message #1749864] Mon, 26 December 2016 09:55 Go to previous message
Thomas Elskens is currently offline Thomas ElskensFriend
This problem is not really RCP specific, the IDE has the same problem. I searched for a bug report, found none so filed one:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=509712
Previous Topic:Inserting an object into the application context
Next Topic:How to show E4 sample view generated from wizard?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:03:54 GMT 2024