Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse-oomph installer(java.io.FileNotFoundException ... defaults.info(Access is denied))
icon6.gif  eclipse-oomph installer [message #1749753] Sun, 11 December 2016 02:03 Go to next message
John Herzog is currently offline John HerzogFriend
Hi
I am a newbie
After installing the Eclipse installer on my local machine,
when I go to run this app on my machine it does not correctly load and
returns this error as shown

Internal error:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Users\4emobius\.eclipse\org.eclipse.oomph.p2\defaults.info (Access is denied)

Details:
org.eclipse.oomph.p2.P2Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\4emobius\.eclipse\org.eclipse.oomph.p2\defaults.info (Access is denied)
at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentManagerImpl.saveDefaults(AgentManagerImpl.java:445)
at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.AgentManagerImpl.setDefaultBundlePool(AgentManagerImpl.java:357)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.ProductPage.setCurrentBundlePool(ProductPage.java:1164)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.ProductPage.initBundlePool(ProductPage.java:1180)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.ProductPage.createUI(ProductPage.java:420)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.SetupWizardPage.createControl(SetupWizardPage.java:256)

any help on this would be greatly appreciated Cool
thanks
Re: eclipse-oomph installer [message #1749756 is a reply to message #1749753] Sun, 11 December 2016 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Is C:\Users\4emobius your user account's home folder? Does the file for which you're getting an "Access is denied" exception exist and is it writable by your account? I know that virus scanners can cause these kinds of problems, i.e., while scanning a file, the file is locked but then of course later when you go and look at the file, it's not locked and is writable so you're left wondering why the Java process is getting access denied exceptions.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: eclipse-oomph installer [message #1749766 is a reply to message #1749756] Sun, 11 December 2016 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your help
Found my problem went to properties in c:\Users\4emobius\.eclipse folder and unchecked the hidden attribute

Be well
Re: eclipse-oomph installer [message #1749767 is a reply to message #1749756] Sun, 11 December 2016 23:16 Go to previous message
thanks again

[Updated on: Sun, 11 December 2016 23:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Why is Eclipse such a piece of crap?
Next Topic:database connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:30:50 GMT 2024