Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » site.xml - controlling "feature url" attribute in a headless build(Trying to set file name that does not consist the version number )
site.xml - controlling "feature url" attribute in a headless build [message #1749496] Wed, 07 December 2016 12:04
Gidi Gal is currently offline Gidi GalFriend
Greetings to the forum members,
I have a script that builds my feature and plugin from update site using site.xml.
I received a query from my manager whether it would be possible to set the plugin and feature file names to include a different version than the actual version declared in the feature.xml and MANIFEST.MF.
I tried doing that by renaming the generated feature and plugin jar files and also changing the file name stated in site.xml and index.html. However, when I try to install my feature I get error "An error occurred copying file ..." (the state file name is still including the internal version number). Obviously, this is not the right way to achieve my target.

If you know how to achieve this request, I'll be grateful if you could share your knowledge here.

Many thanks,
Gidi
Previous Topic:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Module has been uninstalled
Next Topic:Director: Cannot resolve (existing) dependency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:47:27 GMT 2024