Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can you recognize the actual errors
icon11.gif  Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749396] Tue, 06 December 2016 09:10 Go to next message
Mubdiul Hasan is currently offline Mubdiul HasanFriend

Dear all,

Take a look what my project console says, Embarrassed

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft -E "-IC:\\Ac6\\SystemWorkbench\\plugins\\fr.ac6.mcu.externaltools.arm-none.win32_1.7.0.201602121829\\tools\\compiler\\bin" "-IC:\\STM32_toolchain\\lib\\gcc" -IC:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -IC:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Src -O0 -g3 -Wall -fmessage-length=0 -ffunction-sections -c -o "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.o" "..\\startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.c"
..\startup\Src\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.c:39:32: fatal error: stm32f0xx_ll_utils.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

For the project properties setting, kindly take a look on my image file.http://

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749400 is a reply to message #1749396] Tue, 06 December 2016 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Not 100% sure based on info you have provided, but besides the bad rendering of characters in the settings (which I assume is a display issue, please file a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT) it is hard to see the problem.

It says that stm32f0xx_ll_utils.h is not found, but is it in any of the directories supplied?

C:\\Ac6\\SystemWorkbench\\plugins\\fr.ac6.mcu.externaltools.arm-none.win32_1.7.0.201602121829\\tools\\compiler\\bin
C:\\STM32_toolchain\\lib\\gcc
C:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc
C:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Src

Additionally, as you appear to be using a commercial third-party set of tools, you should also consider contacting them for support: http://www.ac6-tools.com/
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749455 is a reply to message #1749400] Wed, 07 December 2016 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir Jonah Graham,

Thank you a lot for taking part in this post. Smile

You have nicely figure out the things and good supporting links.

Besides, SW4STM32 or AC6 I also tried it to mdk-keil and coo-cox.
There was an issue for conflicting compiler and standered file.

An STM expert told me from his experience,

"After realizing that CubeMX did not meet everybody's expectations, the came up with the "Low Level" library.
This "Low Level" lib is part of CubeMX, or a sub-set thereof, and are labelled with this "_ll_" part in their name.
However, in some cases (especially for the STM32F7 I checked), this Low Level lib is nothing but a sorry stub (i.e. unusable fragments).
According to some comments on other threads, it is supposed to be complete for the STM32L4, "with support for other MCUs in progress" - whatever this means."

I will come back soon after getting something new from your guidance.

Regards
Hasan
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749550 is a reply to message #1749455] Thu, 08 December 2016 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Rolling Eyes

At this moment, I find a clue (not sure its a reason)

As you said, "../Inc" must be follow, I saw my Korean WIN OS, might be showing 'W' symbol instead of "../
I have corrected this sign.

This time console says something about output files.

Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft "-TC:\\STM32_toolchain\\Workspace\\project_1\\LinkerScript.ld" -Wl,-Map=output.map -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -o project_1 "src\\rc_new.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_it.o" "src\\syscalls.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_can.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cec.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cortex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2s.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_irda.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_iwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp_template.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smbus.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tsc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_wwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crs.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_exti.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.o" "startup\\startup_stm32.o" "startup\\sysmem.o"
src\rc_new.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Whats about, "file not recognized: File format not recognized"?
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749551 is a reply to message #1749550] Thu, 08 December 2016 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
It means src\rc_new.o doesn't look like an object file.
Perhaps it got corrupted.
It could also be caused by a strange compile command (such as compiling a header file to make a precompiled header).
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17126384/g-output-file-not-recognized-file-format-not-recognized

Clean the project and rebuild.
If the error returns, attach the build log or at least the part where the object file is produced (in this case the compile of src\rc_new)
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749554 is a reply to message #1749551] Thu, 08 December 2016 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir David,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Could you kindly tell me/ give me manual reference to deal with "attach the build log or at least the part where the object file is produced :.

Are you talking about C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui\project_1.build.log adress to connect some where?

Regards
Hasan

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2016 06:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749556 is a reply to message #1749554] Thu, 08 December 2016 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Enter your quick reply but preview it.
You should see "Upload File" under the edit box.
Press "Choose File" to find the file in your system.
Press "Upload File".

I presume you have tried cleaning and a rebuild?

Either save the entire build log shown in the console view then attach it,
or, select the text of the compile and the following messages and post it (as text)
Just don't post a large amount of text. I just makes things hard to read.

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749561 is a reply to message #1749556] Thu, 08 December 2016 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you sir !

Including build log in includes doest make any change at output console.

I will apply this instruction carefully and will get back to you soon.

Regards
Hasan
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749564 is a reply to message #1749561] Thu, 08 December 2016 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Clean the project and rebuild.

I have no idea what you mean by: "Including build log in includes doesn't make any change at output console."
IF and only IF cleaning then rebuilding doesn't work then post the build log here as an attachment.
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749640 is a reply to message #1749564] Fri, 09 December 2016 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir David,

I misunderstand what you ask me to do. Cool

Quote:
F and only IF cleaning then rebuilding doesn't work then post the build log here as an attachment.

Now confusion is cleared.

I did clean and rebuild, nothing changes.
Take a look the build.log file in this attachment.

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749643 is a reply to message #1749640] Fri, 09 December 2016 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
This is not a build after a clean. It is an incremental build.
A clean would have caused all of the files to have been recompiled.
Please clean the project then give me the build afterward.

If cleaning the project doesn't delete all of the object files then you will have to do so by hand.
As I said before, src\rc_new.o is likely corrupted. At a minimum, it should be deleted and remade.
I am asking for the build.log to see how it is being made.

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749644 is a reply to message #1749643] Fri, 09 December 2016 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir David,

May be my knowledge doesn't get you fully, because I am newcomer here.

What do you mean by ,

Quote:
If cleaning the project doesn't delete all of the object files then you will have to do so by hand.

Do you want me to delete these files,
http://

Following your idea , I did clean and rebuild again.

That build log file contains,

13:18:51 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project project_1 ****
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft "-TC:\\STM32_toolchain\\Workspace\\project_1\\LinkerScript.ld" -Wl,-Map=output.map -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -o project_1 "src\\rc_new.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_it.o" "src\\syscalls.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_can.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cec.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cortex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2s.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_irda.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_iwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp_template.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smbus.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tsc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_wwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crs.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_exti.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.o" "startup\\startup_stm32.o" "startup\\sysmem.o"
src\rc_new.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

13:18:51 Build Finished (took 77ms)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2016 04:20]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749645 is a reply to message #1749644] Fri, 09 December 2016 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
No you didn't clean the project. A clean deletes all of the object files.
A subsequent build would then rebuild all of the files.
The build log will start with "**** Build of configuration Debug for project ..."
The log you are showing starts with "**** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project ..."

Not sure what you actually did but,
To clean the project: Right click on the project name in the Project Explorer. Select Clean Project
To build: Right click on the project name in the Project Explorer. Select Build Project

There are multiple ways to do this but the above are IMO the simplest.

You appear to be new to code development as you don't seem to understand the fundamentals. I suggest you Google some tutorials on how to compile and link programs using GCC and MAKE. Eclipse is using those as external tools and the design of Eclipse assumes you know how to use them outside of Eclipse.

This forum is for dealing with issues involving CDT. The current problem you are having likely has nothing to do with CDT but there is still the off-chance you have set something wrong while using Eclipse. You shouldn't expect much help here beyond Eclipse usage. Issues with your specific version of gcc and programming of the device you are using would be better answered at the place where you got them.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2016 05:24]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749647 is a reply to message #1749645] Fri, 09 December 2016 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir,

No you didn't clean the project. A clean deletes all of the object files.Quote:

This would have some technical common problem, did you see my project tree ?
In Debug folder all output files are exists, the question is does the logfile changes rightly after clean the project at C:\STM32_toolchain\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui\project_1.build.log/

Quote:
To clean the project: Right click on the project name in the Project Explorer. Select Clean Project
To build: Right click on the project name in the Project Explorer. Select Build Project

I did same what you have explained !

Quote:
I suggest you Google some tutorials on how to compile and link programs using GCC and MAKE.

Is there any required setting in Windows>Preferences> makefile projects?
Quote:

You shouldn't expect much help here beyond Eclipse usage. Issues with your specific version of gcc and programming of the device you are using would be better answered at the place where you got them.

I am connected with, http://www.openstm32.org/, https://community.st.com/,https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded, forums, these are not a problem from GCC or STM device.
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749661 is a reply to message #1749647] Fri, 09 December 2016 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Quite frankly everything you just posted is confusing.
You seem to be saying that Clean Project did not delete the object files.

If so then there is a bug in the makefile or it doesn't have a clean target.
This is quite abnormal if Eclipse built the makefile.
I'm not sure I can help you further.

Run a clean then post the resultant build log.
Perhaps someone more familiar with how CDT creates makefiles can help or maybe a bug report needs to be filed.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2016 09:57]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749675 is a reply to message #1749661] Fri, 09 December 2016 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Mubdiul Hasan,

Please delete the entire Debug folder. It seems something in that directory (the build output directory) has become corrupted.

Then try to build again, posting the build log here if your problem is unresolved.

Jonah

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749769 is a reply to message #1749675] Mon, 12 December 2016 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you sir Graham.

I was confusing why the build log file does not changes.
Kindly keep in touch in this thread because , I am going to add more files in this initial project.

I am trying to adapt an old project here.

Kindly help me.

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749772 is a reply to message #1749661] Mon, 12 December 2016 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

]Dear Sir Vavra,

After deleting the debug folder I did clean the project in this way,

Project>clean ...the window came ,
index.php/fa/27830/0/

One very interesting thing happened,
After clean Debug folder appears in project tree !

Build log file says,

11:51:32 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project project_1 ****
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft "-TC:\\STM32_toolchain\\Workspace\\project_1\\LinkerScript.ld" -Wl,-Map=output.map -Wl,--gc-sections -lm -o project_1 "src\\main.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp.o" "src\\stm32f0xx_it.o" "src\\syscalls.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_adc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_can.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cec.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_cortex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_crc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dac_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_flash_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2c_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_i2s.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_irda.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_iwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_msp_template.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pcd_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_pwr_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rcc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_rtc_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smartcard_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_smbus.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_spi_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tim_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_tsc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_uart_ex.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_hal_wwdg.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_adc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_comp.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_crs.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dac.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_dma.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_exti.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_gpio.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_i2c.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_pwr.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rcc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_rtc.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_spi.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_tim.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_usart.o" "startup\\Src\\stm32f0xx_ll_utils.o" "startup\\startup_stm32.o" "startup\\sysmem.o"
src\main.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

11:51:32 Build Finished (took 81ms)

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2016 04:27]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749773 is a reply to message #1749772] Mon, 12 December 2016 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Then delete the object files by hand. In fact, you should be able to delete the entire Debug folder as Jonah suggested. It will be recreated at the next build.

EDIT:
I notice that a different object file (src\main.o) is giving you problems than before (src\rc_new.o). Something has gone terribly wrong. Delete the entire Debug folder then rebuild and post the build log.

Also, I just noticed: "Internal Builder is used for build". Not sure what effect it has compared to using make. But first things first.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2016 05:08]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749774 is a reply to message #1749773] Mon, 12 December 2016 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you sir.

Do you want me to delete these files?
index.php/fa/27832/0/

After this folder the startup folder also contain object files.
Do you mean delete each file in this way?

index.php/fa/27831/0/

In project properties builder is having in this condition,

index.php/fa/27833/0/

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2016 06:10]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749776 is a reply to message #1749774] Mon, 12 December 2016 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir Vavra,

After delete by hand the build log changes.

Take a look this attachment in form of text file.

Regards
Hasan
  • Attachment: build_log.txt
    (Size: 53.48KB, Downloaded 194 times)
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749792 is a reply to message #1749776] Mon, 12 December 2016 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
No object files are being produced because you have the -E option in the compile command line.
This option says to output only the preprocessor results.
The output files have a *.o extent but are actually text files instead of object files.
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.0/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#Preprocessor-Options
Remove this option.

You have -IC:/STM32_toolchain/Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/project_1.build.log
which doesn't actually hurt anything but is completely unnecessary.

You are also redefining some macros to null text
e.g., #define KEY_SW1_Pin GPIO_PIN_5 ==> #define KEY_SW1_Pin
I can't say if this will cause problems.
If you really meant to do this you should use #undef <macro> instead.

EDIT:
It's curious that you couldn't clean the project but at least you have the workaround.
You will need to do this once again after you have removed the -E option.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2016 12:08]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749830 is a reply to message #1749792] Tue, 13 December 2016 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear Sir,

Quote:

No object files are being produced because you have the -E option in the compile command line.This option says to output only the preprocessor results.

I have removed -E options, keep is this way.
index.php/fa/27845/0/

Quote:
If you really meant to do this you should use #undef <macro> instead.

Yes , I will.

Quote:
You will need to do this once again after you have removed the -E option

Kindly take a look log file after removing -E , deleting obj files from debug folder .
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749833 is a reply to message #1749830] Tue, 13 December 2016 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Not sure what you want me to look for.
I see you removed the -E option which was causing you link problems and are now getting compilations.

I also see the first compile has a number of problems that you will need to fix.
These seem to be caused by syntax errors that don't have anything to do with CDT.
Trying to fix them here is off topic for this forum.

I suggest you try forums more appropriate for your application.
Pay attention to the error messages and, if you need more understanding, try googling them.
Good Luck.

icon11.gif  Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749837 is a reply to message #1749833] Tue, 13 December 2016 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

When I add -E the console says differently.
Error like,

In file included from ..\src\main.c:54:0:
C:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/mxconstants.h:88:0: warning: "LED1_Pin" redefined
#define LED1_Pin GPIO_PIN_12

When I delete -E console says differently,

c:\ac6\systemworkbench\plugins\fr.ac6.mcu.externaltools.arm-none.win32_1.7.0.201602121829\tools\compiler\arm-none-eabi\include\machine\_default_types.h:63:24: error: declaration for parameter '__int32_t' but no such parameter
typedef __INT32_TYPE__ __int32_t;

What process you want to decide ?
Other person said me in forum to add -E Embarrassed

Quote:
I also see the first compile has a number of problems that you will need to fix.
These seem to be caused by syntax errors that don't have anything to do with CDT.
Trying to fix them here is off topic for this forum.

This is the main task now.
I will be edit for now on and continuously will build the project.

Still thousands of error have to be minimized.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2016 07:27]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749839 is a reply to message #1749837] Tue, 13 December 2016 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Better you take a look when my post going on STM,
https://community.st.com/thread/32323

Combine your experience here please.
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749841 is a reply to message #1749839] Tue, 13 December 2016 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mubdiul,

I think the CDT forum has gone as far as it can here. Please get a small working Hello World example working first and then build up to a full size application.

The -E should never be used unless you are debugging a problem with your pre-processor. Please link to me the forum entry that says to use -E so I can add clarifying comments so that no one else falls down that trap in the future.

Jonah
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749843 is a reply to message #1749841] Tue, 13 December 2016 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you sir Graham,

Quote:
Please link to me the forum entry that says to use -E so I can add clarifying comments so that no one else falls down that trap in the future.

I will be happy to connect with you anywhere.
What I did now , is just went your profile click add buddy list.

If you want me to make a new thread, I will for sure.

Let me know where should I have to post.

Regards
Hasan
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749867 is a reply to message #1749843] Tue, 13 December 2016 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Mubdiul,

You asked about the "no such parameter" error at least once before.
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1082306&goto=1746969&#msg_1746969
The error message is an indication that the compiler is confused.

It is most probably caused by the errors preceding it.
Resolve those and the rest will likely go away.
My original reply still stands: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1082306&goto=1746983&#msg_1746983
However, you didn't believe me then and probably still don't.

The first error in the log you last posted is shown below.
My guess is the line was supposed to be a comment
If it should be and/or why it is not is for you to determine.
Fix it before you do anything else (likely a missing "/*" someplace).

Fixing this is off-topic here.
This forum is for fixing CDT related issues and clearly this is not one.
You may find help by using other forums but, generally, none of them will assist in debugging or correcting your code because you are essentially asking for free, very time-consuming consultation.

In file included from C:/STM32_toolchain/Workspace/project_1/startup/Inc/stm32f0xx_hal.h:48:0,
                 from ..\startup\Src\stm32f0xx_hal_flash_ex.c:61:
C:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h:3:5: error: stray '@' in program
   * @file    stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h
     ^

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2016 13:04]

Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749916 is a reply to message #1749867] Tue, 13 December 2016 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
David Vavra wrote on Tue, 13 December 2016 13:22
Mubdiul,

You asked about the "no such parameter" error at least once before.
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1082306&goto=1746969&#msg_1746969
The error message is an indication that the compiler is confused.

It is most probably caused by the errors preceding it.
Resolve those and the rest will likely go away.
My original reply still stands: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1082306&goto=1746983&#msg_1746983
However, you didn't believe me then and probably still don't.

In file included from C:/STM32_toolchain/Workspace/project_1/startup/Inc/stm32f0xx_hal.h:48:0,
                 from ..\startup\Src\stm32f0xx_hal_flash_ex.c:61:
C:/STM32_toolchain/common/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h:3:5: error: stray '@' in program
   * @file    stm32f0xx_hal_conf.h
     ^

This is the another example of the quality of the chip-vendor-provided code. Obviously it is a broken Doxygen comment in the beginning of the module. It should be:
/** @file stm320fxx_hal_conf.h */

After fighting with with code from Atmel and STM, I jettisoned both and wrote my own from scratch.

--

-TV

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749927 is a reply to message #1749867] Wed, 14 December 2016 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

David,

I did not tell you that I wont believe your instruction.
Your reference post is mine , but I was working with different set of project.
I do accept your suggestion, but seems these build errors are both CDT and the errors mentioned you last post. Sad

Quote:

Fixing this is off-topic here.
This forum is for fixing CDT related issues and clearly this is not one.
You may find help by using other forums but, generally, none of them will assist in debugging or correcting your code because you are essentially asking for free, very time-consuming consultation.

This one is a reason indeed.
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749928 is a reply to message #1749916] Wed, 14 December 2016 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Voipio,

I beg pardon for my ignorance !

Kindly explain

Quote:

This is the another example of the quality of the chip-vendor-provided code. Obviously it is a broken Doxygen comment in the beginning of the module. It should be: /** @file stm320fxx_hal_conf.h */

I also thought, its from chip-vendor code.
As far as I remember during project properties setting , I avoid Doxygen !
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749978 is a reply to message #1749928] Wed, 14 December 2016 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Just FYI , your mileage will vary:

I am experiencing problems with putting ANYTHING with underscore in text / variable description.
The editor will display space instead and the compiler SOMETIME reports and error as seeing TWO entries.
Such as ANY_TEST will show as ANY TEST , my_variable_ID as my variable ID.
I have been advised to report this as a bug and did try to use official bug reporting procedure which decided (?) to report another , irrelevant for me . bug I was getting that time.
I have given up on reporting the "missing underscore " bug after being informed that the IDE I am using is not officially released (?) , sorry.
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1749984 is a reply to message #1749978] Wed, 14 December 2016 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaclav,

Where is your bug report, I can't find it in bugzilla?

As I said before "It is great that you are helping to test Oxygen before it is release in June and bug reports at this stage are very useful." But I can't reproduce the issue and therefore more information is needed.

Jonah
Re: Can you recognize the actual errors [message #1750013 is a reply to message #1749984] Thu, 15 December 2016 07:00 Go to previous message

Like a BULLET is passing my ears !!

Neither I guess nor understand what you are telling about!
Previous Topic:Problems with Adafruit WICED
Next Topic:Launching executable from Eclipse vs Command Line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:25:04 GMT 2024