Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows
Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749346] Mon, 05 December 2016 17:43 Go to next message
Vijayalakshmi laxman is currently offline Vijayalakshmi laxmanFriend
This report is created on Users application and has custom table which points out different scenario of user access like Scenario 1 , Scenario 2, Scenario 3, Scenario 4, etc. All these scenario output should come in a row rather than multiple rows.
Image 1 is something that's coming as output , there are 8 rows appearing however the expectation is only 1 , this output is only for 1 user.
index.php/fa/27774/0/
however Image 2 is something that is expected
index.php/fa/27775/0/

I tried doing cross tab however it's displaying the count in Scenario field as 6 or only those fields that has X and not something like Image 2 .

Any thoughts!!
  • Attachment: image1.JPG
    (Size: 27.46KB, Downloaded 1300 times)
  • Attachment: image2.JPG
    (Size: 18.47KB, Downloaded 1268 times)
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749349 is a reply to message #1749346] Mon, 05 December 2016 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

You are showing far too little information.

Your report presumably is grouping by something - user, access level, whatever. You appear to have scenario appearing as a field in the detail level.

What you need to do is aggregate so that you can collapse all of the scenarios into a single row. therefore, in your group footer, you would show max(scenario_1_value), max(scenario_2_value) etcetera, which would be the X or null values.

That's as much detail as we can give based on the information you presented.

Richard
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749350 is a reply to message #1749346] Mon, 05 December 2016 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have done group by on query since I had to use RTRIM function in my query. There will be multiple users displayed in the report so I don't think Max value in footer would work. I am away from my computer, I shall attach the report file in sometime so that it might help
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749359 is a reply to message #1749350] Mon, 05 December 2016 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

is that desired output row intended to be per user or over the collection of all users?

Richard
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749377 is a reply to message #1749346] Tue, 06 December 2016 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Richard,
No it is intended to each user , I have attached the report design file. Thanks!!
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749415 is a reply to message #1749377] Tue, 06 December 2016 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

(1) Note your formula for S1 appears to be incorrect - it plants an X if scenario = SCENARIO2, probably should be SCENARIO1.
(2) Your data row from the cube is atomic at the user/group/scenario level. But you want your report to collapse all scenarios onto the same line.
Therefore you need to create a group in your TABLE on userid (assuming that a userid can be associated with only one groupname). Move the userid through groupname fields down into the group footer. Then, in the group footer, add Aggregation entries (using the MAX function) for the s1 through s8 elements.

Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1749429 is a reply to message #1749415] Tue, 06 December 2016 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Richard,
#1 was typo thanks for that!
#2 each userid would be associated to more than 1 groupname . I am not sure if displaying scenarios in a single row achievable or not ..
Thanks!!
Re: Display Values in single row instead of multiple rows [message #1822897 is a reply to message #1749346] Mon, 16 March 2020 13:33 Go to previous message
Anupam Nayak is currently offline Anupam NayakFriend
Is it possible to use each entry of a table in column instead of new row? Suppose i have a list of 5 values and i want to display it in 5 columns of a single row grid.
Previous Topic:params["parameterName"].displayText returns "null"
Next Topic:How to avoid executing queries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:13:52 GMT 2024