Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » console outputs on "hidden" sources
console outputs on "hidden" sources [message #1749223] Sat, 03 December 2016 16:47 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
This is probably wrong place to ask, however, if somebody can tell me how is Eclipse able to report on sources not directly linked to current application I would appreciate that. .

Here is an example of report coming from OpenCV usage of OpenGL:

!!!Hello World!!!
Image OK
Video captured OK

( next two lines are in red color - "attached" to OpenCV code )
init done
opengl support available

I have also seen similar messages ( in red ) coming from " Linux for video" library apparently from actual driver for video camera.

Re: console outputs on "hidden" sources [message #1749229 is a reply to message #1749223] Sat, 03 December 2016 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You're probably seeing the console way of showing if the output comes via stdout (black) or stderr (red).

--

-TV

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: console outputs on "hidden" sources [message #1749233 is a reply to message #1749229] Sat, 03 December 2016 19:35 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Yes, these ( OpenGL) are in the same "console window" as printf function of my code.
That is what is puzzling because the other messages - from l4v2 are also red color , in same window, but they are easy identifiable as real error messages.
I have used another IDE and that one sends printf to Linux "terminal" while Eclipse uses "console" as standard output.

Previous Topic:Multi-process debugging not hitting breakpoints
Next Topic:Eclipse is very slow on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:22:51 GMT 2024