Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update(Autostart non-default bundles/features)
Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1749202] Sat, 03 December 2016 01:30 Go to next message
Felix Lo is currently offline Felix LoFriend
Hi,

Instead of manually reinstalling/reactiving dependent ESH components required by a custom built binding in openhab2, is there a way to automatically these ESH components everytime we clear /cache and /tmp after each openhab snapshot upgrade? My custom binding actually depends on esh-io-transport-mqtt and other esh components.
Re: Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1749607 is a reply to message #1749202] Thu, 08 December 2016 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
This question is not related to ESH, but to the openHAB Distro packaging as it seems, so you should rather ask at https://community.openhab.org/.
I am not sure I understand your question, though. Any new openhab distro snapshot contains the latest ESH stable bundles, so when you upgrade your distro, you automatically have a recent version of the ESH bundles as well.
Re: Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1753375 is a reply to message #1749607] Sun, 05 February 2017 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, it is related to ESH features. Example, i use these features of ESH in my custom binding. However, they are not automatically started or install until i run feature:install manually. So, I'm looking for a way to automatically install them or run them after each snapshot upgrade

org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3
org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt
Re: Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1753378 is a reply to message #1753375] Sun, 05 February 2017 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Rathgeb is currently offline Markus RathgebFriend

As Kai already pointed out, this is not related to ESH.
ESH provides Karaf features but no Karaf runtime or something similar.
How the feature XMLs are handled in a product are up to the product itself.
Re: Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1753386 is a reply to message #1753378] Sun, 05 February 2017 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suggest you guys post some guidelines on both forums to suggest what questions can be asked in which forum. I did ask this question on openhab forum (https://community.openhab.org/t/auto-install-esh-bundles-after-fresh-openhab-installation/17511) and was referred to this forum. As a normal user, looking at this package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt, i would assume it is ESH

Re: Auto Install ESH Bundles After Fresh installation/update [message #1753416 is a reply to message #1753386] Mon, 06 February 2017 08:36 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Well, it is difficult to say what kind of questions do not belong into a specific forum as there are simply too many possibilities...

> looking at this package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt, i would assume it is ESH

Well, that very much depends on the question, doesn't it? You are also not asking at Apache, just because you want to start org.apache.commons.util as a bundle in some application, unless you have identified an issue with that library.
Previous Topic:Loggers: static or non-static?
Next Topic:Depolyable ESH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:44:48 GMT 2024