Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » how to run OM2M Application from tutorial & what is the difference between application and plugi
how to run OM2M Application from tutorial & what is the difference between application and plugi [message #1749062] Thu, 01 December 2016 14:16 Go to next message
Yu-Hao Hsu is currently offline Yu-Hao HsuFriend
Hi,

I follow the tutorial(Develop oneM2M Applications) from the official website to create the OM2M Application.
But after I created the project and pasted the same code.
When I run the IN and MN, there is no any application created.
Can anyone provide me some instruction about how to run that project to create application.

And I also has one question. On the official website, there is two tutorial, one for develop om2m application and one for add a new plug-in. Can anyone teach me what is the difference between these two way?

Thank you Surprised
Re: how to run OM2M Application from tutorial & what is the difference between application and p [message #1749789 is a reply to message #1749062] Mon, 12 December 2016 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Garzone is currently offline Guillaume GarzoneFriend
Hi,

For the oneM2M app, this tuto aims to create a simple oneM2M app that will interact with the REST API of OM2M so it will send HTTP requests to the platform. (if you have any trouble perhaps @Mahdi can help you better as he wrote this tuto!)

However I can help you understand the difference between the two tutos you mention.
The first tuto is to help you to develop a oneM2M application that will interact with the standard REST API of OM2M (with the oneM2M standard). On the other hand, the "add new plugin" tuto aims to help you create and include a new feature directly in the OM2M software.
The main difference is that for the first one you will have to interact with the REST API with HTTP or CoAP or MQTT and for the second one, you will learn to add a new plugin that will interact directly in JAVA with the other OSGi bundles of OM2M.

Hope this helps,
Guillaume
Re: how to run OM2M Application from tutorial & what is the difference between application and p [message #1750075 is a reply to message #1749062] Thu, 15 December 2016 18:27 Go to previous message
Yu-Hao Hsu is currently offline Yu-Hao HsuFriend
hi Guillaume Garzone,

Thank you for your replies!

Regards,
Howard
Previous Topic:OM2M - Max throughput
Next Topic:reel sensor discovery on the beagleboard/raspberry pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:58:12 GMT 2024