Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Sending Data to RAP Application(How to send data to standalone RAP application)
Sending Data to RAP Application [message #1748967] Wed, 30 November 2016 15:03 Go to next message
Setya Nugdjaja is currently offline Setya NugdjajaFriend
Hi all,

In our standalone RAP application when user submits we invoke external system asynchronously which in turn will notify our web service about the process result.
From this web service we need to notify the RAP apps to display result to the user. The process is relatively fast (< 3s). Initially we thought about using DB for this, but it seems too much work for such a small feature. The WS and RAP app are deployed in single WAR. I was wondering if others ever had similiar requirement and the preferred way to send the information to RAP apps ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Setya
Re: Sending Data to RAP Application [message #1749173 is a reply to message #1748967] Fri, 02 December 2016 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Anyone can help ?

Regards,
Setya
Re: Sending Data to RAP Application [message #1752612 is a reply to message #1749173] Wed, 25 January 2017 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

I don't understand if you wanna set Data, like upload of data ? in that case FileUpload: https://eclipse.org/rap/incubator/
Or just change the state of your webapp when the process is finished ? in that case: is it a JavaScript asynchronous script ? Or server side run ?
Re: Sending Data to RAP Application [message #1752698 is a reply to message #1752612] Thu, 26 January 2017 09:33 Go to previous message
Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your response.

What I mean is sending data without UI interaction. I've found out that I could use ServiceHandler to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,
SetNug
Previous Topic:Problem with background color on Chrome
Next Topic:How to change background style when loading home page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:46:06 GMT 2024