Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [SOLVED - Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model
[SOLVED - Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748942] Wed, 30 November 2016 09:58 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Hello

I want to email a model to my colleague but I can't make it work. I export a package (also tried with project folder) as archive, select zip format keeping directory structure, then send the archive file to my colleague. He imports the file into an existing package or papyrus project, and the result is an empty *.uml file. I also tried zipping my entire workspace, emailing the zip; my colleague unzips the workspace and opens it with papyrus. Same result - an empty model. What am I doing wring? Thanks!!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2016 15:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748944 is a reply to message #1748942] Wed, 30 November 2016 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois Le Fevre is currently offline Francois Le FevreFriend
Hi,
very strange behavior.
a papyrus model is composed of only three files with same name and different file extensions:
mymodel.di
mymodel.notation
mymodle.uml

if you sent these files your collegue should be able to open them in any Eclipse with Papyrus preinstalled.

Francois
Re: [Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748945 is a reply to message #1748944] Wed, 30 November 2016 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quentin Le Menez is currently offline Quentin Le MenezFriend
Hi Richard,

I think you already checked this but what is shown inside your .notation and .uml file previous to the emailing ? (just open them in a text editor)
might it be that you didn't save the model ?

HTH,
Quentin
Re: [Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748946 is a reply to message #1748945] Wed, 30 November 2016 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your actions are relatively simple and easy to check as commented above. Much more likely your colleague has finger trouble opening the wrong file in the wrong place without refreshing or observing error messages.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: [Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748964 is a reply to message #1748946] Wed, 30 November 2016 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you fir suggestions! The files (.di, .uml etc.) are there and have the right content but when importing or opening papyrus does not show anything. I tried myself copying/pasting a workspace in another folder then opening them, or archiving then importing. Maybe something wrong with my computer (Win7) or some issue with the UUID or the URIs of the model resources? Anyway not a biggie for now, will do without this, thanks for your help!
Re: [Noob] need help emailing a papyrus model [message #1748970 is a reply to message #1748964] Wed, 30 November 2016 15:28 Go to previous message
Problem solved!
Create a folder in Papyrus model explorer and then drag the emailed 4 files (. project, .di, .notation. uml) directly from MS explorer onto the papyrus folder.
I don't know why the package right click/import is not working, obviously we are doing something worng, but the drag & drop works!
Cheers
Previous Topic:Object diagram in Papyrus
Next Topic:Headers of Sysml Diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:30:05 GMT 2024