Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't seem to find out how to write any code(Having trouble typing code on Eclipse for Java Developers (MAC OSX))
Can't seem to find out how to write any code [message #1748795] Mon, 28 November 2016 17:30 Go to next message
Connor McCloskey is currently offline Connor McCloskeyFriend
Hello! I'd like to start off by stating that I'm relatively new to Eclipse and might be asking the most basic "noobish" question of all time Razz. Either way I'd like to start of by saying I'm running Eclipse Neon with Java 8u112 JDK on a Macbook Pro. Everything seemed to be going fine until I created a project and attempted to start to code a bit. The problem is the "space" where I normally see people typing code won't let me type anything! Its been driving me crazy all day and if any one has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

- Connor

P.S I've attached an image down below of what I'm seeing just to hopefully help show whats going on.

index.php/fa/27718/0/
Re: Can't seem to find out how to write any code [message #1748812 is a reply to message #1748795] Tue, 29 November 2016 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You've created a project, but you haven't created a Java source file to edit. You need to the New Class wizard to create a Java file that you can edit.
Re: Can't seem to find out how to write any code [message #1748817 is a reply to message #1748812] Tue, 29 November 2016 04:09 Go to previous message
Connor McCloskey is currently offline Connor McCloskeyFriend
That worked like a charm! A tad embarrassing but thank you so much for your help!
Previous Topic:Sonarqube: How to ignore / skip scanning of isues on certain annotation "ex. @generated" i
Next Topic:Removing specific highlighted Area
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:25:14 GMT 2024